Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Newsticker delay

Started by ChillySpunc [1905415] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 117 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100
ChillySpunc [1905415]
So I just updated the faction announcement and after I clicked off the page the previous announcement showed up on the newsticker and then when I cycled through newsticker I got the new announcement.

I'm guessing this is just a delay and the newsticker displays things in a determined sequence so surely this can be easily fixed by resetting the newsticker when things like faction announcements are updated?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I think this may be possible, but I don't see the reasoning being strong enough to justify complicating the code. We just add the newsticker item to the pool. I will let Joe decide on this one.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
The news ticker is quite heavily cached, so it'd take a while for this to refresh after updating a faction announcement. It may be easy to clear this cache for the person updating the faction announcements. I'll ask Serhii to see if this might be easily possible.
serhiid [2307949] Admin Staff
Faction headlines are not cached on the backend side.
I've reproduced the issue on the frontend side (video attached to ticket).
Passing along to Oksana.