I posted this as a reply to another thread but I think it's different enough to deserve its own.
My understanding of the RW system is that it takes the times when the two factions are most active and tries to find a random point that best overlaps with those two to give the best chance of a good time that works for both factions. The problem is when players of a given faction are not active in that frame. Many of us have experienced wars that ended before we even woke up, or were just getting started when we had to go to bed for work the next morning.
To alleviate some of this pain for people who are looking to be warring focus, I suggest an optional listing on faction pages where they can detail a range of time they're most active. This would allow warring-focused players to easily see if they'd be able to fit in with the faction's warring times. I made a very simple mockup of the idea, using my friends Aperture Science as my example:
[image: i.imgur.com]
I believe it would be simple to implement, and it'd also be entirely optional. Want to focus on warring at 09:00 tct? Cool, post that. Don't really care and just want the best members you can get to fit your faction culture? Cool, completely ignore the box and carry on as you have! But this might at least give people an idea of when they can war and whether or not they can expect faction chat to be active when they are.
My understanding of the RW system is that it takes the times when the two factions are most active and tries to find a random point that best overlaps with those two to give the best chance of a good time that works for both factions. The problem is when players of a given faction are not active in that frame. Many of us have experienced wars that ended before we even woke up, or were just getting started when we had to go to bed for work the next morning.
To alleviate some of this pain for people who are looking to be warring focus, I suggest an optional listing on faction pages where they can detail a range of time they're most active. This would allow warring-focused players to easily see if they'd be able to fit in with the faction's warring times. I made a very simple mockup of the idea, using my friends Aperture Science as my example:
[image: i.imgur.com]
I believe it would be simple to implement, and it'd also be entirely optional. Want to focus on warring at 09:00 tct? Cool, post that. Don't really care and just want the best members you can get to fit your faction culture? Cool, completely ignore the box and carry on as you have! But this might at least give people an idea of when they can war and whether or not they can expect faction chat to be active when they are.