80 replies · 3.18k views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:81 / 81 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
81
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Starbreaker[2737884]
· 216 likes · 1) Your friend has done something to deserve that sort of treatment. He's an idiot 2) You're level two after thirteen days and probably spent more effort on that post than anything else you've managed in the game. You're an …
Gem[2581696]
· 70 likes · I feel like Hello Kitty Island Adventure 3 would be more your speed, bud.
The_Virginian[2799939]
· 27 likes · Can I have your stuff? I need some garbage to chuck in the dump.
My friend and I started playing. I kinda new it wsa going to be some bs game. My friend continued and now he is just constantly attacked by lvl 40 - 100s constantly in the hospital and can't do anything cause the moment he gets out gets attacked again.
As new players this kinda harrassment just = bad game design. Nothing either of us can even do to defend outselves and be able to play or do anything. no repeated attack protection for people under the newbie flag? Why even have a newbie icon if it doesn't do anything.
So before we even bother investing to much time into this game we are already done. Glad I convinced him to not buy anything to do with this game for a least a month was a good call.
Plus I have seen people 3 days old be level 10 already and decked to the teeth. not possible unless they getting carried.
Anyway was fun while it lasted, but like all text based games they all have the same flaw of poor design to get started unless you came in at the beginning.
1) Your friend has done something to deserve that sort of treatment. He's an idiot 2) You're level two after thirteen days and probably spent more effort on that post than anything else you've managed in the game. You're an idiot 3) You're both idiots
I'm over 200 days old, and still VERY young in TORN.
This past day has been the first time I have been put in constant hospital, it's for a reason every time, your friend has done something to bring attention to himself.
Don’t mind the two peeps above going hard on you, first lesson in torn - complaining in GD isn’t taken lightly(for the most part), as you can see lool.
If your friend is as new as you, it is unlikely that he’s getting attacked by high levels. Another possibility is, currently there is the dog tags event, so if he has dog tags on him that makes him an easy target. Outside of that, there’s literally no value for higher levels to attack a brand new player and it’s just pretty much a waste of energy to do so, unless there’s a monetary gain or they’ve been a complete knob head.
Another thing, check out Baldr’s guide, can’t link it at the time I’m on mobile, but it will help you advance much quicker, level up and help you use your energy wisely.
Most guys “decked to the teeth” are in factions, factions can lend you gear. Leveling up to level 15 can take a week or two, pretty fast - that’s why check out Baldr’s guide.
This game is pretty unforgiving at times, you’ll definitely need a thicker skin to survive.
Ah yes, Mr. I've Played Ten Days And Know Everything About The Game. That's definitely the kind of person that sticks around long enough to spend money and be a valuable contribution to the community.
Instead of asking someone for advice, or joining a community, or simply shutting up and recognizing that drawing attention causes problems in a crime game... nope, game sucks, bye.
I bet you go into lvl 40 wild and expect not to get attacked just because you don't have a weapon out.