Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API disabled errors

Started by HandEyeProtege [2601667] on in API Development.

3 replies · 116 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
24 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
HandEyeProtege [2601667]
I'm running a script that polls for some data (well below the 100 requests per minute limit). Every once in a while I get "API disabled" errors, but today I'm hitting that a lot. Is there something going on with the API today?

More generally, how should this error response be treated? My understanding from the documentation is that it has nothing to do with my use of the API, that the API service itself is turned off (presumably for everybody?) Is it fine to just keep making requests and it will eventually start working again?
Omanpx [1906686]
Api gets overwhelmed during events quite often. This time it was at the end of dog tags.

As for the error handling, look at the documentation and try to catch the error code (code 9) - depending on your use case, you could implement a check to make repeated calls in case of certain errors until you get the expected results.

https://www.torn.com/api.html#, scroll down to the bottom of Documentation.
HOU5E [2337920]
These errors sure are annoying.

The structure of the API hasn't changed right? I'm getting some erroneous error messages that the API calls I'm trying to reference don't exist...
JKyte [2417425]
You could handle this error code with an exponential retry or simply terminate the program/script with a message to the user to try again later.