Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cloud Migration

Started by SoapyCilantro [2220138] on in General Discussion.

27 replies · 1.49k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SoapyCilantro [2220138]
Based in the states here (Florida to be exact) immediately noticed the difference now that we are on a cloud server. Pages load seamlessly, no lag, everything feels snappier and so far no error codes when trying to load a page. If things continue this way, this a huge achievement for the torn dev team, so far I’m impressed. Nice work.

Edit: spelling error in title. Lol
Hamr [2027992]
Can confirm, always manually clear caches with Torn updates (at least on Chrome pc). No idea why mobile was not affected like that for me, but on pc I got locked out of Torn lol
JoeSkull [533524]
Rest in peace, sweet potato. You wielded the power well. We tot not forget your legacy.

Fry not, for you will live on in our hearts.
Kwack [2190604]
Absolutely noticible on pages that normally experience very heavy delays. Looting now takes the expected 1 second delay between hits rather than often reaching close to 5-10 seconds per hit, on mobile as well.

Once the initial issues are ironed out this will be a great change.
masheen [2625139]
It looks slightly slower, but I'm unsure if that's because I'm in the UK. Haven't tried NPCs or attacks or anything for that matter, just your general browsing and using drugs etc

Glad it works better for other users, an even playing field benefits everyone.
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
Things are faster for me from India as well. Attacks are easier, the turns don't take long now.

I also like the button change (again xD) the matte look is better than super shiny, and i love the black
Wires [2209713]
I'm almost exclusively mobile in Aus, and I must say there's a difference. Interested in trying my laptop and how it goes when it's all settled.
sharx [1927463]
"Cloud" is an illusion, our data is sitting on earth and is now available for google if they want to
I hope they start an A.I. driven account showing everyone how to play in the most effective way
even tricking the bot hunter ;)