DAY 29 - LACK OF D-3
Doc's been many times a real savior. Especially when I had to wake him up every time in the middle of the night asking for stiches or to remove fragments of shotgun crap from my flesh.
Although quite... an eccentric character, he valued life more than everything during serious situations. On my last visit, he asked me to do some blood tests so I went back to his place, handing him the results. He grabbed the paper and started reading it...
"You lack D-3 bitch", he said
"The hell is that? A new drug?"
"It's a vitamin, you uneducated waste of carbon!"
"Oh..."
"I'd shove a bunch of supplement pills up your ass, but it's kinda best to be exposed to the sun for a bit. Remember how that huge flaming ball of gas looks like?"
In fact, he was right. When was the last time I was actually under the sunlight? Everything I did for the last years was during the night or closed into shady workshops, boring offices or rusty warehouses. Besides, I really wanted a vacation...
"Get off Torn for a while, go to an island or something. Three days will be enough for now, just don't get skin cancer."
"Thanks doc."
"You will thank me by bringing me something useful on your way back. And no more plushies, you hear?! Good, now get the f**k out, Duke's gonna be here any minute now for his prostate exam and some birds sing you haven't paid your loans back yet. You wouldn't want a free prostate check aswell done with Penelope, would you?"
I left through the back door into the alley and walked with caution to the main street. I drove back home packing a few things and then straight to the airport. A few hours later, I was flying to Cayman Islands...
Doc's been many times a real savior. Especially when I had to wake him up every time in the middle of the night asking for stiches or to remove fragments of shotgun crap from my flesh.
Although quite... an eccentric character, he valued life more than everything during serious situations. On my last visit, he asked me to do some blood tests so I went back to his place, handing him the results. He grabbed the paper and started reading it...
"You lack D-3 bitch", he said
"The hell is that? A new drug?"
"It's a vitamin, you uneducated waste of carbon!"
"Oh..."
"I'd shove a bunch of supplement pills up your ass, but it's kinda best to be exposed to the sun for a bit. Remember how that huge flaming ball of gas looks like?"
In fact, he was right. When was the last time I was actually under the sunlight? Everything I did for the last years was during the night or closed into shady workshops, boring offices or rusty warehouses. Besides, I really wanted a vacation...
"Get off Torn for a while, go to an island or something. Three days will be enough for now, just don't get skin cancer."
"Thanks doc."
"You will thank me by bringing me something useful on your way back. And no more plushies, you hear?! Good, now get the f**k out, Duke's gonna be here any minute now for his prostate exam and some birds sing you haven't paid your loans back yet. You wouldn't want a free prostate check aswell done with Penelope, would you?"
I left through the back door into the alley and walked with caution to the main street. I drove back home packing a few things and then straight to the airport. A few hours later, I was flying to Cayman Islands...