Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Another 2.0 question.

Started by Nimona [2176698] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 707 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Nimona [2176698]
Just wondering if I should switch over. Just hit 35 nnb a few days ago. I still have a lot of merits to get with the old crime system. In the long run, will I miss out if I swap over now? Here is what I get. Thanks.

You will lose 6 medals and 2 honors, but gain 33 medals.
The following honors will be lost: Candy Man, Smile, You're On Camera.
Upon migration, your merits will be increased by 25.
xlemmingx [2035104]
Ched said if you collect all merrits in the new system it will be 6 more than currently possible. So no, you will not miss out on any.
Fumbles [2800112]
no you won't, i had the same as you, our CE is too young for it to be any issue, if anything, you will get the early merits before the fast track guides come out, completely different way of being involved in crimes for me, much more involving than before
Nexus [105937]
Nope, it carries over, hence why many have a 65+ NNB now...and Ched stated that nerve bars will still increase with CE
Orange_Walrus [2601735]
source?

Looking at what ched said: After migration to Crimes 2.0, your old crime experience will still be increased by the new crimes, and used within the organized crimes system, until that is also replaced.

Looks like new OC will not be affected by old CE.
Riot [974353]
Our timeline allows for the first ten crimes to be released by the end of this year, along with a brand new Organized Crimes system

I'm not sure if you will still need CE in the new system, but we've been given a timeline of 6 months for a new OC system so who knows...

A lot of these newer players won't be hitting PA territory in the next 6 months of hard spamming arsons anyway
Nexus [105937]
Yeah and higher nerve gives you more shots at crimes, giving more XP in those crimes...you see where I'm going with it?

Plus OC's 2.0 is still an unknown, why sacrifice higher CE to play with 2/3 N crimes for 2ish months?
xlemmingx [2035104]
- Like before, your hidden Crime Experience determines your success chances in each crime, but only up to a point. Crime Skill then further increases your success chance, as you specialize into that crime. As your skill level increases through each crime, new outcomes become available, and additional content is unlocked.

So CE exists further and does the same thing, there are just two parallel CE systems until Crime 2.0 and new OCs are rolled out to everyone.
Orange_Walrus [2601735]
Who's to say that 1.0 arson grants more CE than 2.0 search for cash? That's pure speculation from your part.

Id say it's very likely that CE will not matter for new OC considering how chedburn worded it in his post. Even if it would be a factor, then we are back at the question about what actually grants most CE.

Starting the 2.0 progression early will grant you more merits early and since the other parts are pure speculation then it's very reasonable to consider switching to 2.0 the superior way to go.
GrumpyJoe [2826432]
I believe I read in another post (from Bogie?) that an invisible quantity referred to as Crime Experience still exists in the new system and drives NNB, which as before is just a reflection of your CE. And there is obviously a crime 1.0 to crime 2.0 CE equivalence that allows to determine your NNB in the new system. So I don't see pumping CE in 1.0 for a bit longer at least as being a waste of time.

As you say, nothing indicates that 2.0 search for cash grants less CE than 1.0 Arsons, but it would at least make a lot of sense for 1.0 Arsons to remain more efficient than 2.0 entry level crimes.

So I think that your conclusion that going for 2.0 now is the superior way is biased, as we have no way to know at this stage. It's down to preference, and probably your advancement status in the 1.0 system.
Orange_Walrus [2601735]
Yeah no non-staff member knows for sure so straight up saying one way is superior to another is indeed biased, however crimes 2.0 feels like an expansion of sorts and it's quite common for expansions to make previous content rather obsolete over time.

The latest expansion system to compare it with would be RW weapon/armor. If you had an 80% quality armalite you had an upper hand against others who had weaker weapons in the start of ranked wars, much like how people now with high CE would have an upper hand due higher max nerve in the new crime system, but entry level rewards from RW (yellow weapons) swiftly made 80% armalites rather obsolete so entry level 2.0 crimes could be similar and makes 1.0 crimes obsolete.

Speculation in either direction, however one thing to note for people sticking to 1.0 crimes for CE is that arson might not be the best way to go for CE. From the data gathered only green crimes are saved when entering the new system, so hacking crimes could perhaps grant more CE after switch than arson would.

Example of this is me going from 30nnb to 50nnb upon switching having done 0 arsons but a bunch of hacking crimes while some arson spammers even dropped in nnb upon the change.
Nexus [105937]
Yeah except for the odds of that are ridiculously low.

I could win the lottery twice in a row, so should I invest all my NW in lottery tickets, and then if I win, spend all the winnings on more tickets?

Its probabilities, and its highly probably that 2.0 Search for Cash gives absolute s**t CE.

Merits early? Bro, this crime system gonna be here forever...so its highly likely that its better for low nerve people to try grind their CE/NNB up using a known progression route, than migrate cos you think Search for Cash might be better than the old Warehouse Arson (lol)
Orange_Walrus [2601735]
There will probably be a "best" crime to spam once all crimes are unlocked, so getting the merits from the less good crimes now is a good idea and if someone would stay in 1.0 then doing arsons feels like a waste compared to spamming hacking crimes for far more money gains and probably better CE growth.

I disagree about lottery tickets considering it's likely to be a built-in catchup system in crimes 2.0 to lessen the gap between players to make the new system more interesting, so it's not unlikely that looking for cash is on par with old arson in CE gain.
Nexus [105937]
If you're doing standard 1.0 crimes for cash instead of boosting CE and getting into a PA...you're doing it wrong my friend. And people who need CE gains, wont be able to pull off Hackings anyway.

Haven't most people unlocked all the merits for lower tier crimes by the time they're doing Arsons?

If you're talking about greenleafs, they should change over to 2.0, they'll never even get to arson before 2.0 full release.

I was talking about people that are 40+ish NNB, who can succeed at arsons and as such can grind the (still current until confirmed otherwise) best CE gaining crime in the game for another couple of months instead of searching for cash.

If you're 60NNB, changing over is a no brainer.

Anyways, to circle back to the original point, an overall CE stat is still 100% a thing.
Nimona [2176698]
Thanks for all the replies' everyone. I am sadly still confused. I am grinding with arson, but I also have some merits to get from easier crimes alone with the higher ones. I just want to know if I don't get those easier crime merits and move on to 2.0 will I lose out on those merits forever? Will I be worse off? I could do with those 25 merits from changing, but not if I screw myself long term. Hmm
IndyCision [2597200]
All the crime 1.0 merits will be removed, but you will gain crimes 2.0 merits in their place (if you have already completed ALL of the crimes 1.0 merits you will lose 8 but will be able to get more than those 8 back once other crimes are released)

If you click on the crimes 2.0 link and go through the information pages, it will tell you how many you will gain/lose.