Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cache farming 50:50 split

Started by DedeSiregar [2430598] on in Faction Discussion.

52 replies · 2.45k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
53
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DedeSiregar [2430598]
Yesterday I had discussion with few faction leaders regarding cache price. So by my calculation both factions will reach maximum profit if :
1. Both factions hit 20% original war points to secure participation bonus.
2. Both factions make sure ALL members hit or assist for participation bonus
3. Winners should be determined by who has underdog status.
4. However both stop at hitting after hitting 20% original war points with very few extra hits being done by winning team.
5. Split all cache gain (win + lose caches) and split them into 50:50.
6. Ofc choosen war day should be weekdays for decays not over match up days.

Reasons:
1. No stress and ppl can enjoy small chaining and get decent pay / hit
2. Long war and long stacking energy halt our stat growth.

Question is:
1. Is this viable strategy?
2. How to make it less vulnerable of scamming
2. Will you as cache farming faction do it?

Lol I know the idea seems abusive towards mechanism n I know most full function faction hate cache farmers, but well I want to know honest your inputs as I may overlook few angles.
Feels free to report n move the post to Q&A if u think this is more appropriate to be posted there.

Thx
HarryWho [196532]
So the "weaker" faction will be the winner?
Points can be shared, but faction respect bonus will be contentious when faction decides who wins.
Asemov [2270413]
So feel free to make deals with another faction you're matched with - But definitely don't think it'll be the norm.

There will definitely be situations where both sides will look at each others factions and decide "We could win this, but it is going to a constant tug-o-war."
Odin-All-Father [2010524]
1; iirc participation isn’t gained by hitting X score, it’s similar to ED in the sense that you need to be actively making hits, and as time goes by with no hits it starts to degrade.


2; if you do low hit wars your factions get f**k all respect, don’t forget that RW is a lovely respect earner.

3; yes, every cache farm should come to a 60-40 or 50-50 agreement tbh if there’s a clear underdog. - with a high scoring war ofc.
HarryWho [196532]
Tough to act out on big factions. 20% hits could be completed within 2 hours by a small group of players. Trying to get members to be discipline and allow everyone to hit will be hard to control since each hit payout is now probably 3x more.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
1. That is the purpose. To let decay kicks in. I actually tried that in my last war tho not this extreme. Cache earn didn't get affected.
2. Meh on respect farming. For ppl who just farm only caches, these factions are just temporary base. We all have ourown homes to go to once we are finished farming caches. Sell/buy factions will lose value based on cache value.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Actually smaller means easier to control. There is reason why I choose 10 members instead running 30 or even 100. Not only it is most profit for each member (considering I am not taxing anyone), but also it's very manageable environment. I just simply state: after xxx hits I won't put your hits on sheet, people will stop. Esp I kindda efficient when enforcing faction rules in mine. Ignoring rules over 3x= kick out and no body got offended. It's that simple.
Kerrapht [1938336]
I imagine the answer to question 2 would be to make a forum thread of faction leaders that accept the deal and stick to it, as well as a blacklist underneath for those that accepted the deal and ran off with the goods. If it gets enough traction and gets updated frequently you could essentially create a cache farming guild.
Marcinko [488099]
In my experience the time decay reduces cache rewards as described by OAF it is better to finish the war as quick as possible for 2 reasons:

1. most importantly the sooner you finish the sooner you get caches listed and beat the huge weekend price drops

2. It’s less stress both sets of factions and cash rewards arnt spent on mercs and revivers

for those to work 60/40 split always works best with the 60% going to the winner for the extra energy required to finish the war.

Use of the inbuilt multipliers is critical for good rewards.
DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter
Just look at my current war. I reached out a hand saying we were open to deals and after talking went for just a normal war, no ties.


3 days later and it’s still going, we’ve pulled ahead now though and SHOULD get the win before enlistment hopefully.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Rewards are same. Big difference is during 3 days we all trained, did crime, gamble, basically did things as if no war. Without spending much energy to reach original points needed to end war.

What we did with kita faction was, original war points target was 3700. They hit until they reached 1k points. We hit until we reached 3k points (2k points lead). But after we both hit the that, we trained n did things we usually did without war. Within few days, war was automatically ended (hourly decay keeps ticked in). Both factions received nice pay out perhit and we were chill about it.

In total my faction made 535 hits. Without the decay my faction would need to make 800-850 hits to end war under 24 hours. Lol that's 7,500 energy. In monetary speaking it's worth 530m-600m. With same cache gain. Do you see it now why I am interested in taking it to even extreme level?

I am not like some leaders who likes to kick out members and use all kinds of excuses to avoid paying their energy. I believe at war impossible to keep chain going without fillers or hitting under your belt. And I do want them grow stats n enjoy money morethan i want my faction grow fast in respect so I can resell high.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
You aren't cache farmer. Your faction objectives become your personal objectives. Our objectives is money / hit. Our goal is making money. As leader my obligation is to make sure everyone can get nice money.