I'm sure this isn't a bug, but an oversight in the new Crimes 2.0 migration. Now that I have migrated to Crimes 2.0, I can't see the crime stats of other players who haven't yet migrated. This poses an issue for anyone in the Detective Agency job as now we have no targets. Anyone still on the original crime system has their stats zeroed out, and anyone on the new crime system is getting jailed for simply checking the subway for a few dollars. This literally nukes the whole point of the arresting perk. I'm searching hundreds of profiles just to find 1 viable target, and then that sets off the bot-hunter. Sure, 6 months down the line, we might get a few more crimes that level this perk back out.. maybe.. but until then, can't the data be merged so everyone can read it?
Arresting Perk Issues
Started by BeefSupreme69 [2757086] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 37 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Chedburn [1] Admin
· 3 likes ·
So we probably need to change this so that the relevant criminal record shows for the user you're viewing, based on whether or not they've migrated or not (not whether or not you've migrated). We just need to check the … - CloudJumper [1636201] · 2 likes ·
Passing along to Joe. Thanks..!! - Chedburn [1] Admin
· 1 likes ·
We've looked into this, there's no reasonable way of achieving it. I'm afraid you'll have to try and make do.
There is a workaround to this (at least while it gets patched out): https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16317577&b=0&a=0 i've excluded anyone who has migrated to Crimes 2.0 and the Crimes 1.0 people should still show up as they used to.
Mentions: Arrest Finder: DISCONTINUED
Passing along to Joe.
Thanks..!!
Thanks..!!
That was exactly what I was thinking. I wanted to open similar thread but apparently i am not the only one concerned by this. Thanks for creating this issue and getting your attention to it.
Now, the arrest perk I pretty useless. I hope that changes in the future
Now, the arrest perk I pretty useless. I hope that changes in the future
So we probably need to change this so that the relevant criminal record shows for the user you're viewing, based on whether or not they've migrated or not (not whether or not you've migrated). We just need to check the migration status of the user being viewed, not the user who's viewing.
I'll need to ask Roman to take a look, hopefully it's an easy change for him.
I'll need to ask Roman to take a look, hopefully it's an easy change for him.
We've looked into this, there's no reasonable way of achieving it. I'm afraid you'll have to try and make do.