Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

When is new crimes are coming?

Started by lilha [2630451] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 379 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

lilha [2630451]
Next wednesday? Or 12th of July? Which is it? Or it has to be a wednesday anyway?

I am asking because I remember Ched stating "we will add new crimes every 2-3 weeks."
lilha [2630451]
Thanks for the answer. I was thinking they would make it a part of classical Wednesday update and bug fixes. Let's speculate until we attract attention from a staff member or Ched himself.
Elizabeth [2339829]
If it's meant to follow suit on old crimes, next should be selling copied media. That being said though, finding cans of spray paint seems to be a more common occurrence than finding blank CD's, at least in my experience. So perhaps Graffiti will be the next crime. I'd be interested to see if, like the old drive by shooting crime, this ends up having effects on random players properties
IndyCision [2597200]
My prediction was for vandalism and then counterfeiting. My thought process being:

They said that the different crimes would have different mechanics and would get more complicated, so my guess is that the next one will add regular item consumption (vandalism and the spray cans etc) but other than that act similar to the search for cash with different subcrime tasks.

I have a feeling that the counterfeiting will be more like an idle game where you upgrade your production methods and use nerve to "cash out" and distribute your product, so that would sit on top of the "regular item consumption" already introduced via vandalism...
lilha [2630451]
Thanks for all the replies so far. I don't know which crime we would get but I guess it would be either 3-4 nerve to do them for sure. So something small like copying CD's.

It would be fun to have an unique outcome to copy an E-DVD.
Elizabeth [2339829]
That's totally reasonable logic there, I'd agree!

I would make the distinction though between "Counterfeiting" and "Piracy". Selling copied media (the previous 3 nerve crime) would be piracy, whereas counterfeiting would be the crimes where you could print money or casino tokens (the previous 14 nerve crime).

Speaking of nerve costs, I'm curious to see if there will be multiple different categories of crimes that cost the same amount of nerve (ie, vandalism and piracy both costing 3)
IndyCision [2597200]
The counterfeiting umbrella will cover all production/distribution of faked/copied items. I'm not sure if any of them will just be called a flat "counterfeiting" but agree with your logic.

There are spaces for 12 different crimes in the crimes 2.0 hub, enough for every category to have 3 crimes - so yeah, having one of the counterfeit crimes (the lowest one, doing all the fake DVDs etc) being called piracy works. I can see a middle ground being one where you are importing and selling on fake goods, and the upper-end being currency based counterfeiting.

I was indeed just talking about the lowest counterfeiting crime type when I suggested it would be the follow-up for vandalism :)