hi guys just hoping to meet some new friends and progress in torn so far it seems a brill game really enjoying myself just hoping anyone out there who can spare a minute could drop some tips for a newbie
new player
Started by oBaileyz [2994943] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 38
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 57 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Mentioned in this thread
Jesus [2013634] ×1
stay away from Mr-Vx rip
Such bravery.
This is like Homer Simpson standing in Mr Burns office asking for a pay rise, and hoping and praying he doesn't release the hounds...
This is like Homer Simpson standing in Mr Burns office asking for a pay rise, and hoping and praying he doesn't release the hounds...
You will find no friends here, only the wretched castaways of a dying world.
Baldr's Basic Advice
That's a lot of the advice you'll need really. Focus on getting to 15, after that fly for plushies/flowers, work on stats, do missions, do more crime, levels after 15 will come easy enough.
Also I am not sure how accurate it is but if I was a fresh character I would use all my E attacking the highest level people I could find and beat in that guide and wouldn't upgrade my level until I had used all the Energy I could. I am basing this off a thread from a now fedded account who got to 15 just with the help of Cockynudist and some xanax all in like 16 hours. So your mileage may vary.
That's a lot of the advice you'll need really. Focus on getting to 15, after that fly for plushies/flowers, work on stats, do missions, do more crime, levels after 15 will come easy enough.
Also I am not sure how accurate it is but if I was a fresh character I would use all my E attacking the highest level people I could find and beat in that guide and wouldn't upgrade my level until I had used all the Energy I could. I am basing this off a thread from a now fedded account who got to 15 just with the help of Cockynudist and some xanax all in like 16 hours. So your mileage may vary.
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice
hardly brave? I'm literally just trying to find people unlike your self who are okay for abit of advice game is brilliant but the people on the world inside of here are just as bad as the ones in the outside world do me a favour keep negativity away
Since you asked for tips and advice.. Responses like this normally dont end well for noobs I would recommend laying low and focusing on training/leveling to 15
13:09:43 - 21/07/23 You sent a Macana to oBaileyz with the message: Welcome to Torn mate!
Hope you enjoy your stay :)
also, this is a good thread to visit by Oran. Has a collection of useful guides.
Hope you enjoy your stay :)
also, this is a good thread to visit by Oran. Has a collection of useful guides.
Mentions: TC Essentials - A Guides Collection
Come join TCE Discord and read le guide, it has mostly everything covered and plenty of new players like yourself in the discord to chat with,
U got balls mate and i like it.. don't post on the GD forum ( i have learnt a thing or two from that...ops I'm still doing it), and pls don't do like this guy here, Autistic_dragon..... Let the tutorial and guide forum be your best friend.. welcome mate!!!
First lesson I'm going to give you. Get a sense of humour.
Second lesson. Don't piss anyone off.
Follow sleepwalkers advice he kindly gave you.
Prwld then gave you even better advice. Do that too.
Second lesson. Don't piss anyone off.
Follow sleepwalkers advice he kindly gave you.
Prwld then gave you even better advice. Do that too.
Spend some time reading through the tutorials and guides section of the forums. Lots of fantastic advice there to help you start off on the right foot.
Enjoy!
Enjoy!
all you need to know as a noob is here:
Baldr's Basic Advice
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0
Baldr's Basic Advice
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Baldr's Basic Advice
Highly recommend changing your job to grocer and using jp (job points) on cans for the cash. Attack weaklings for levels and try to get to lvl 15 asap so you can start flying to make millions. Other than that check out these links: https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=61&t=16034448, https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=15999874&b=0&a=0
At the end of the day what matters is that you are having fun.
At the end of the day what matters is that you are having fun.
You'll understand what he meant in time. The forum's can be a cesspool, particularly for new players. Try not to overreact to things in the way you slightly did here, if it annoys the wrong person, you'll be under a pile of bounties and hospitalisations for months.
• Find a reputable and supportive faction (the one I'm in is good and open to new players ;-) )
• Lay low if someone is causing you grief (or ask a much bigger faction member to sort them out XD )
• get to level 15 quickly and fly for all of the flowers and plushies you can carry
• complete missions and save the targets for chain hits
• unlock the bazaar and stocks as soon as you can afford to
• try to hitch up with someone willing to share their private island with you
• buy a large suitcase (+5 extra items when flying)
• be as active as possible in a ranked war, as they pay extremely well in good factions (you could make ~$50mil or more from a single ranked war, if you participate well enough)
• hunt in Africa whenever possible
• Race whenever you're not flying
Those are pretty much the main points you'll need to be aware of for some time. I've probably missed a couple but, heigh-ho, that's what faction members are for. ;-)
Best of luck going forward!
• Find a reputable and supportive faction (the one I'm in is good and open to new players ;-) )
• Lay low if someone is causing you grief (or ask a much bigger faction member to sort them out XD )
• get to level 15 quickly and fly for all of the flowers and plushies you can carry
• complete missions and save the targets for chain hits
• unlock the bazaar and stocks as soon as you can afford to
• try to hitch up with someone willing to share their private island with you
• buy a large suitcase (+5 extra items when flying)
• be as active as possible in a ranked war, as they pay extremely well in good factions (you could make ~$50mil or more from a single ranked war, if you participate well enough)
• hunt in Africa whenever possible
• Race whenever you're not flying
Those are pretty much the main points you'll need to be aware of for some time. I've probably missed a couple but, heigh-ho, that's what faction members are for. ;-)
Best of luck going forward!
• hunt in Africa whenever possibleDont do this. Hunting is shit
And also get to l15 fast as possible so that you can fly and buy some stuff u need... Personally i hate flying but since the starting of the week 'til now, i have made 30m+ in flying so i guess flying isn't as bad as i thought it was. Cheer up mate, i can do it then you can also.
What a nice person who is looking for knowledge on improving themselves, I sure hope nothing bad happend to them.
some forum threads are gold, also recommend the wiki
good luck!
good luck!