Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bootlegging toggle online store

Started by ShadeOfLight [2640633] on in Suggestions.

13 replies · 141 views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
33
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
ShadeOfLight [2640633]
Upvote this thread instead: https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=4&t=16344841&b=0&a=0

I've recently noticed that the online store does not give nearly enough XP upon collecting the funds compared to selling manually. For those who care more about skill XP than anything (maybe because of the merit), this means a lot of wasted XP from not being able to sell the CDs manually. I propose one of the following:
  • Add a toggle to turn off the online store to prevent it from selling off CDs (seems simple enough to implement to laypersons such as myself).
  • Perhaps increase the XP awarded upon collection.
Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Mentions: [315+R] Pause/shutdown the Bootleg website

Nilfgaardczyk [2406770]
I think it would be fair if you gain more exp when you collect more money, altho I would love to see possibility of failure - higher chance when you collect more money - bank blocks suspicious transaction. And maybe an unique critical failure outcome, when police raid your property and make dmg (worth 10% of property but 10m max, happy -50% till you fix it).
Lord_nitrox [2529396]
I've noticed if you have a bunch of each DVD in stock and sell them for 5N you get much more XP than if you had for example only 1 type in stock.
I also thought I read somewhere that the store XP gets allocated when the sale is made not when the $ is collected. I am in the process of testing this.
ShadeOfLight [2640633]
I was aware that selling when you have everything stocked gives more XP, because more DVDs get sold. The reason I made this thread was that I got a sliver of XP after collecting upwards of 30k from the webshop, which leaves me to believe this is kind of detrimental to XP gain. If the XP gets allocated at the moment of sale, I don't understand why I got so little XP. Surely I would have got more per disk even after considering the nerve difference if I had sold manually.
Samorost [1655145]
I was just on my way to Suggestions forum to post this, when I found this thread!!

The online store definitely needs a toggle option. I find Im making dvds all day only for the majority to be sold overnight, giving me nothing to sell on the streets.

There needs to be a way to stop the online sales and get us out of this limbo
Smock [2118379]
Yep, this is a sound idea

I'm having trouble building up enough stock to rip through trying to get the uniques (which refuse to pop no matter how much nerve I spend it seems)
Taxxon [882264]
Theres like 10 suggestions for this, if you guys would all support 1 thread and not spread them out this woulda been met the 250 upvotes already.
Beesly [2394233]
bump, this was burried and needs to be a thing, please. Trying to collect the last 2 uniques and the online store is selling DVDs just as fast as I can make them.