Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What are we doing wrong?

Started by 3MPATHY [2403417] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 395 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Company 32 ×1

3MPATHY [2403417]
I am in a 9* Lingerie store but we have failed to hit 10* to a point that our director considers we pay Taxes to help him with the advertising competition. Paying taxes isn't the problem but I would like to hear from the experts what you think is wrong. We need help. He talks about 35m, 40m a day in advertisement and 30m for the boost. How do you guys do it looks like a stalemate. Yes lastly does daily addiction affect the weekly outcome on Sunday too? Thank you in advance
Emerix [2187675]
The star ranking doesn't care about expenses, only about revenue.

You can see that your company's revenue is not enough to rank up. All else being equal though, the top 9 star company right now should rank up to 10 and the last 10 star company drop to 9.

Mentions: Company [32]

IndyCision [2597200]
Wanting taxes in a 9* lingerie? Nope right outta there.

The "getting the company to 10* and keeping it there" is down to the director to eat the cost, and then make it back from your taxes etc. when at 10*. If they cannot get it there with the staff it has and the budget it needs, then they need to change or cut their losses.
Celestino86 [2925740]
are the employees at max stats? with no depuffs etc?

also ensuring the environment and advertising are not low in comparison as they can eat away at the income.
GassyTerps [1444838]
Leave because why would you pay tax for a chance at a special he will tax you for. Also he needs to reach out to other directors for some help if he can’t figure it out or sell the company. Not tryna be an ass but the director is the only person responsible here and he wants to pawn it off on you so he can make you pay more taxes.
0xHemlock [2662912]
LS is an extremely competitive company to get to 10*. As mentioned above ^ it is the director's responsibility to get it to 10*, not the employees'. If they're relying on a tax from you to get there I'd suggest leaving. A lot of directors tend to flake once they get to 10* and sell the company out, and the new director isn't guaranteed to keep you. You pay your way to 10*, they sell and make BANK, you get fired with no perks to show for your efforts. Speaking from experience on that one, too, and my flake of a director is still on my hit list. This has happened to a lot of my friends, too.

Don't pay at 9*. If they require this tax, leave them dry and move on. Directors who try to tax at 9* are flight risks in that industry.
3MPATHY [2403417]
We are at 3.6m or more daily since the last 3 weeks but advertising seems to not cut it. Everything else is 100% (environment and effectivenes) but we are stuck at less than 80% popularity that is the reason for the 35-40m advertising budget everyday
3MPATHY [2403417]
Yeah 20m a week each now then after 10* it will be higher. Reason for the cry because competition is hot and we don't seem to cross that line
Larold [2304383]
I'm sorry if this is common knowledge, but again, double-check a couple of things since 9* -> 10* LS is mega-competitive:

- According to what I've read, every -5 of addiction effectively halves an employee's stats. So -10 cuts them to one-fourth of their stats.

- Conversely, every 5 points of employee effectiveness effectively doubles work stats. So at max +10, an employee's stats are effectively quadrupled.

For example, I'm in a 10* Pub which is also hyper-competitive. Last I checked, I think all of us are maxed at +10 to employee effectiveness. If your employees are not, that's probably the second check your director needs to put in place (the first being that people absolutely keep addiction under control.)

I'd scan daily your employee roster, and make a mental note of the negative values you're seeing from addiction. If you regularly see multiple folks having significantly more than, say, -2 to -4, you -might- have found the edge you can reclaim. I've never been in an LS nor a director so I might be talking out of my butt with those numbers. I do know one thing for sure though - the more competitive a company type is, the more you have to keep every little ounce of addiction under control. And 10* LS is insanely competitive.

In summary, if I were forced to be the director of a competitive company (at which I'd probably suck), I would:
- As others have said, never tax at 9*
- Check addiction trends, set fair but strict requirements, then kick / enforce those requirements evenly and promptly
- Require, over time, that all employees raise EE perk to +10.
- Talk to 10* Directors and ask if they've found the magic sauce.

I want to add that I -love- the observation someone else made - anyone trying to tax you before 10* is quite possible a flight risk once they DO hit 10*. Caveat emptor, or something...

- L