Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Networth sudden drop?

Started by OriginalValjean [2934750] on in Questions & Answers.

21 replies · 619 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

OriginalValjean [2934750]
I seem to have lost about 100mill networth today. From 720m to 620m. Think it is from my items based on recall from what I think I had before. But I've not sold anything.

Anyone else notice a sudden drop in networth?
OriginalValjean [2934750]
Thanks for the fast responses.

Maybe...but when I previously only had about 260mill in items and now 160mill, it seems a large drop. I don't think I had anything "in stock" in such large quantities. I'll study my inventory. Maybe there as one or two really rogue items.
Groin [2839274]
Items like card skimmers for example were showing erronated values despite the normal market values, for example 50k card skimmers looking as 50b net worth from those alone
nihilisticcat [2112766]
Additionally a lot of the uniques were new and thus had a value of N/A, which ched set to somewhat arbitrary flat high numbers for nw calculation based on circulation (I forget the exact numbers but at least a couple hundred mil iirc)

As circulation increased and the uniques started to get sold, their value drastically dropped, thus the nw spikes up and down
Bendix [1962470]
lost almost 1.2b.. Haven't stocked up on anything, just gotten the items from the new crimes.. Seems like quite a big drop in value..
Nyx [2236278] Officer Officer
The answer to your question is addressed by the community manager here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16350106&b=0&a=0&to=23803473

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]But I'll quote it here:[/background]
Clothing items were drastically overpriced on networth.

Until now they had only been acquired in anniversary gifts and has settled on an average price built up over a long time. With the introduction of these items in shoplifting it meant it would greatly inflate networth as it would be going off of this average rather than the newer prices. We made a change to more rapidly update these items so they reflect a players true value rather than their inflated figure. - bogie

Mentions: What item dropped in value so heavily i lost 600m?

OriginalValjean [2934750]
Thank you. That thread was created after mine so good to be pointed to it.

Not sure why my original post/question was down voted by Anarchia?