I am not a coder, but just checking the API for the value of a bazaar is surely not illegal, and checking it again at a different point in time should also be fine. Comparing those two values and sending a discord message also shouldn't be illegal to my knowledge.
What part of this project would get me in trouble or would be against the rules?
Ye lol, one of my friends told me about them, i'm not surprised. Would like one for my faction tho, sounds like it'd be a nice little tool.
GIFTS[2612583] · #9 · edited
Yes, having been in a lot of HOF factions on the first page of the faction list they all use these types of tools. And mainly the people who build these powerful tools are members of the faction so it is really hard to get one built by a random in TORN!
Probably kept under ties by PT, 39 and whatever other HoF factions use it, unless you can find a scripter willing to write one, you're not gonna get it lol.
To answer your question, I assumed that such a bot would be illegal since it would just continuously ping the value of select bazaars and send out a notification the very second that the bazaar value dropped by a certain threshold. As far as I know that is considered to be "scraping a page you're not currently viewing", as is defined under scripting abuse.
But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Doesn't really bother me either way.
I am sorry for sounding like a dick but I am already annoyed because of dumb discourse in community regarding the scripts.
I assumed
This represents the behaviour of most of Torn players. They don't understand how a script works, but if there is a script that is effective and they don't have access to it, it is automatically termed as "illegal"
My brother in Christ, if you don't know what you are talking about, then why the f**k are you talking?
What OP is asking is doable within the rules by utilising api that all Torn players have access to.
A lot of Torn's rules are left up to interpretation and while I don't script for a living or anything even remotely close, I have some minor knowledge of how scripts work and can create some basic scripts. With that being said, my own interpretation of the rules was that OP's request was for something illegal. Certainly not the rarest thing to come across in the forums. People don't know, and there's only one way for them to learn.
Was I wrong? Apparently so, as it's "common knowledge" that the HOF factions use a script just like this. I personally don't care about them so it's not knowledge to me.
Did I learn something about the specifics of Torn's rules? Yes. Would you rather people simply..not learn things?
This argument really isn't worth my time but I'll just say, your name is extremely fitting for your attitude. I feel like you're about to take away my Xbox for the weekend.