46 replies · 2.1k views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
47
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
sugarvalves[1963573]Committee
· 64 likes · I've confirmed with Ched that there are no current plans to use the junkable items, and have amended the article to reflect that. You may sell them without worrying. Please form an orderly queue behind my backside to begin the …
sugarvalves[1963573]Committee
· 53 likes · There may be some confusion on my part here. I prepared the article a while back and something might've changed. I'm trying to clarify it with Ched now. Sharpen your pitchforks for sure, but avoid thrusting them just yet until …
Sammy[1204156]
· 30 likes · You're a mixed message
So reading the recent article it states that if you sell stuff to the recycling centre you’ll need to “deal with future consequences”.
But then you scroll down to the bottom of your item list and see a message telling you to clear your inventory by selling to the recycling centre stating “ This new shop only buys useless items with a low market value that serve no purpose and aren't intended to serve any purpose in the future”
Seems like 2 different messages, one hinting to hold items and one advocating selling to clear your inventory.
So are people taking the risk and selling or going to keep hoarding?
Items specifically isn’t limitless, you start getting warnings when you pass 25k items. You can store as much as you want in display or bazaar and have no issues tho.
I was just about to post this. f**king cleared all my junk last night when I saw that tooltip, specifically because it says "aren't intended to serve any purpose in the future". My assumption was these junk items were only added to provide an alternate to getting cash payouts from crimes, to make crimes more diverse. Now the paper says that some of the crap might actually be useful? What a f**king joke.
There may be some confusion on my part here. I prepared the article a while back and something might've changed. I'm trying to clarify it with Ched now. Sharpen your pitchforks for sure, but avoid thrusting them just yet until we can be certain it's my fault.
I think ultimately, unless it provided energy/nerve etc. it's never going to be worth much unless you happen to sell it to certain idiots who pay millions for new crime enhancers when they're worth about $10k later on.
My interpretation of that was that the items serve no useful purpose now. Most of the folks who have been doing 2.0 since it came out have seen items change their status/use as the crimes were released. There are still crimes to be released, so it stands to reason that items in the market currently may be adapted for use when future crimes are released.
But then, I also thought some of the new stores put in the city might have been put there for larceny/other crimes, so I could be completely off base.