Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Why is Dex so bad?

Started by Lasky [1718783] on in General Discussion.

97 replies · 5.02k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 98 / 98 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Insi [2034939]
If most people go defence whore then everyone else will have to train strength, if everyone else trains strength, then they have less speed to hit me with


That's my logic anyway, I'll let you know if it works out in like 5-10 years
Prwrld [2937519]
I have really enjoyed reading this thread, learning all the ins and outs from the masters.

R+
Toxic [1725903]
I think Orange Sureshot is around 4-6%. That's one extra hit in a 25-round fight, assuming they don't kill you before round 25. I've tested a 10% Sureshot against Uncle, and it procs sureshot 2-3 times, but his EOD armor negates a ton of damage. To make Sureshot effective, you need high strength
Adrenalinas [1974447]
But that is kind of the point that you need strength and don`t need speed at all. So you can beat 1T+ dex hore in a few attacks and you would not have any chance vs 1T def hore.

Also if Uncle would have the same number of def did you manage to do even 1 dmg? :D

low/mid-level dex is better vs def, but at the end game def is the king, maybe that is the balance Ched wanted.
Emerix [2187675]
I dunno what to say then. I haven't noticed any issues with people of around my stat range trying and failing to hit me.
SoraNoTenshi [2053778]
The amount of 1 shots i get on tyro (totalling about 28b DEX) from people with like 1b speed (not including passives) is f**king ridicules.
wizcup [1906226]
I think if the defender is a Dex whore and decent Speed + Stun Weapon/Disarm(combined for better result), many attacks will be stalemated.

I think Def/Dex argument is not about early/mid vs late game. It's about whether we start whoring earlier than anyone or not.

While I agree that 1T Def will be better (far more better) than 1T Dex currently, if we just starting the game like 1 or 2 years ago, Def whore will never be a good choice, because even though we grow, other oldies who have decent STR will grow too, make it impossible to get 100% damage mitigation.
D3vl [710249]
You only need 1 friend to 50% nerfe someones stats. Apply weaken/cripple and the target is easy to take down.
FidelCashflow [1993550]
I'm not really sold on weaken/cripple tbh. They don't do much if someone just uses a defensive booster plus they take a lot of turns to ramp up. Weaken is objectively better of the 2 since it's on desirable melees and rifles. You can do a 1 damage hit and it still procs. Cripple is on shotguns (need to be reloaded a lot, nowhere near as good as rifles) and heavy weapons (low acc).

Also, finding 1 friend is hard AF. Maybe a popular person like yourself flaunts having 1 friend to attack with you, but I certainly don't have that and have no way of getting that.