Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elimination 2.0

Started by DarthKool-Aid [2920324] on in Suggestions.

36 replies · 345 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DarthKool-Aid [2920324]
I have an idea with regard to elimination. Retire it. At least in the form it is now. It's too easy to rig. Too long and basically makes it impossible to play the rest of the game while doing elimination.

My suggestion for a new elimination is elimination 2.0. A bracket style tournament. Teams can be assigned at random, or people can be allowed to choose their teams. Start with either 8 or 16 teams and do a bracket style tournament. Each round a team goes up against another team in a war. Whichever team has more wall time or kills at the end of say 24 hours is the winner and moves on in the bracket. Last day is the championship war and a third-place war between the losers of the two semifinal wars. You could still do honor bars for top 3 and MVP type awards for top performers on teams and this kind of event would be much harder if not impossible to rig.

You could do a consolation bracket as well to get to a third-place finisher. I prefer the third-place game between the semifinal losers as it saves time and rewards those that made it that far. I also believe that someone who goes out round one should not be able to go into consolation and possible win third place.

Also, for the purposes of this bracket only wall time against the team your team is against would count or if it's most hits or most tickets then only hits against members of the team you are against would count. You can still attack other players. They just wouldn't count for your team score.
DarthKool-Aid [2920324]
It needs to be scrapped for the reasons I stated in my previous post. It's too long. Too easy to rig and makes it impossible to play the rest of the game while participating in it.
Viper [1788732]
Considering you was on the side who rigged it AND made 0 attacks.. You cant really be the one to say scrap it when you didnt even attempt to take part and help your team. And for the making it impossible comment to play the rest of the game, you could of left at any point
DarthKool-Aid [2920324]
I had 0 attacks that were successful. I had quite few unsuccessful one. Unfortunately, the tracker doesn't show unsuccessful attacks. I was unaware of the rigging or which side I was on until after elimination was over. I had some successful attacks as well, but they were against people who either were not in Elim or on teams that had already been eliminated from Elim. There was a lot I didn't know and was misled about my stats being good enough.

That being said, why should one have to leave an event to be able to play other parts of the game? The game is meant to be played as a whole and not only one part. I attempted to take part and help my team. There is more to the story that I won't rehash here. You are going off only a small part of the story because all you can see is the block on my profile. I don't blame you for that. I won't rehash it all here as I have gone to staff for help with that part and don't feel it needs to be gone back over here.
Celestino86 [2925740]
First of all if you read any posts devs have said they are considering the options available and Elimination in the existing format will be reshaped.

Secondly, too easy to rig? You are 155 days old what do you even know about rigging or faction politics?

Thirdly, 0 attacks for a team that wasn't on anyone's radar more than half of the event till after 2 or 4 teams got completely wiped out is kinda pathetic especially when you are talking about other aspects of the game, you could have both played the event and travel or do other stuff.

Brackets are nothing new will be like a tournament for ranked wars
Elimination has the beauty of a free for all not matters what alliances are played, the easiest thing to do to increase chaos is add more teams lower the number of lives... when someone is a target for a while their teams will be lowered or zeroed so having 50 lives is too much.

For a freeloader that got merits for free without doing anything other than complain I am not sure why you complain?
L O L
DarthKool-Aid [2920324]
Fun fact. I didn't get any merits from Elim. Not a single one. I'll show you a screenshot of my merits to prove it if you want.

Not complaining. Just suggesting ways to make elimination better. Even bogie and ched have said it needs to be redone and that this year will be the last in this form.
TwentyFour [2234860]
You were in elims, in a final 3 finishing team so you got atleast 1 merit. You made 0 attacks in the entire event.


Additionally the option to leave elims was made availble while in hospital you weren‘t trapped in the event.
If you don‘t like the event leave it, otherwise suck it up.
NRD2nd [2905417] Reporter
I think that this idea would appeal to newer players more. During Elims I never left the hospital for more than 15 minutes at a time. I would very much enjoy this idea
DarthKool-Aid [2920324]
I assure you that I did not get a single merit from Elim. Not one. Maybe that was a technical error. I don't know but I assure you that i did not get a single merit for Elim. I am happy to send you screenshots for proof.
Antril [3021498]
Just want to point out that this guy got kicked from the Cheese discord for being an obvious troll. Kept coming asking for help on how to get hits and every person who tried to help him reported being ghosted or him refusing to take advice.
Basilissa [2694253]
Considering that there were lower statted players on teams that were targeted more than Cheese who made 100+ hits, this is really just a massive skill issue. Elims is one of the best events for a great number of people, and was the sole reason I got excited about torn at all last year.


Rather than trying to blame external factors for your own failures (such as not being able to judge enemy stats), try looking inwards and figure out how you can become better as a player. Or don’t, and then just don’t join the entirely OPTIONAL event.
JackKelly [2271177]
I've got my merit. He's probably lying, or hopefully the fact that he didn't make a single hit kept him from getting the merit.



edit, also these could be from something besides Elimination, but ever know.

[image: snipboard.io]
Celestino86 [2925740]
I wish I had 15 minutes... since the event started I barely had 15 seconds with the exception of 30 seconds on day 1 when they targeted Humans.
DarthKool-Aid [2920324]
I got merits for finding the spoiled food items and time-based medals for being married for so long. Nothing from elim at all. I'll send a screenshot for proof if you want.