Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RW Suggestions

Started by WtfsHisName [2200547] on in General Discussion.

9 replies · 232 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
WtfsHisName [2200547]
First and foremost I posted this to GD because I’m asking the Torn community for their suggestions as well, rather than just posting my own (if it needs to be moved so be it). Secondly, please only add a suggestion, if you see one you disagree with just ignore it, no need to reply to peoples suggestions as it will just fill the thread with clutter. This is so Ched and whoever else will be revamping the RW system to easily read through peoples suggestions and hopefully be able to make it something we can all enjoy.


My suggestion: I would like a battle arena implemented to the rw. My idea would be once a rw begins both factions enter the arena, once entered there can be no outside hits made from or against the participating factions until the war has been concluded. Yes, I realize not being able to make outside hits will hurt chains but wouldn’t be fair to be able to make outside hits while not taking any(that mechanic would be heavily abused).
How would this affect revivers? Either not at all or the participants may hire 1 medical faction that enters the arena with them.


Another suggestion I have is a “form” of sorts (list with check boxes I.e) for rules of engagement. Both factions agree to whichever rules and somehow implement it into the war, meaning the rules get forced onto the factions so there is no way of breaking them during the war. The options being things like no outside hits, no medics, time limit to the wars etc.

Please add any suggestions you have below and again please do not fill thread with nonsense bickering, there are plenty of other posts for that.
Asemov [2270413]
1 hit made in a RW in exchange for massive rewards - Page 25 |… (torn.com)

Zorfar summarized my idea into a better system, so I'll just repost it here.

Edit: Time to elaborate further.

Convert Ranked Warring into a seasonal bracket system - Seasons can run every 3-6 months.

Factions will select a certain number of their members to participate in their general Rank Warring pool - And you can have brackets based upon the total number of participants (20-30, 30-50, 70+) - With the faction being able to "bench" a number of members in case a number of their members for whatever reason are unable to participate.

Instead of paying out rewards on a per-war basis, shift to a seasonal basis.

Rewards can be paid out on various factors: Overall position & rank, most hits, most defends, best improved, etc etc.

When the season is over; take their rank and use it to determine their "starting" position in the next season.

Somebody in Flatline mentioned: Obfuscating who your opponent is.

My idea: Show who the upcoming opponent will be, if the faction opts to not participate in the war, the other side automatically wins and your faction takes a loss for the season.

Mentions: 1 hit made in a RW in exchange for massive rewards

golden_warrior [1889724]
I think they should just issue bans for factions that obviously rig. 1, 3, and 12 month bans for first three offenses.

As far as mercs go, a 60 second timer starts when you exit the hospital where you can only be attacked by members of the enemy faction.

I realize these ideas will be unpopular because it kills the easy money printer for a lot of people. However, I feel this would get the focus back on 1v1 faction combat which is what Ched intended the system to be.
Asemov [2270413]
As far as mercs go, a 60 second timer starts when you exit the hospital where you can only be attacked by members of the enemy faction.

I realize these ideas will be unpopular because it kills the easy money printer for a lot of people.
Can't think of any reason other than the one you outlined as why somebody might be opposed to that idea? I can think of many a ways to abuse such a mechanic - Ie. Planning a territory war in the middle of an RW, oh look the enemy can't attack you for 60 seconds.

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]I think they should just issue bans for factions that obviously rig. 1, 3, and 12 month bans for first three offenses.[/background]

I definitely think rigging should be dealt with, but the rules don't indicate it's a problem so far, and I think it would be more effective to ban the faction from participating in RW's temporarily rather than the users.
Hazimil [2865965]
How about just reducing the awards. Base the rewards on the amount of attacks or on the amount of Energy made by each faction. The more a faction does, the better the reward.

If they do nothing and try to rig it, the rewards are so low, to be pointless to rig.