When I joined Torn, I wasn't in a good place. I was freshly divorced, floating through the day to day. Most of my closest people had long since moved away, and I was feeling really isolated.
I was at work, it was a quiet day, and the Torn banner kept showing up as an ad. I ignored it for a while, but eventually curiosity got the best of me. I signed up, messed around for a couple days, and then got picked up and invited into my current faction.
It was immediate community. I was craving attention I confess, and I found it. For a game that focuses on assaulting each other and crime, I found myself introduced to so many friendly people, but with a healthy balance of "f**k around and find out" which I truly appreciate.
I'm not just talking about the folks in my faction either. I've met friendly traders, revivers, and just folks that I've been lucky to have conversation with because of a trade or random interaction.
Torn is a weird community, and I love it for that. This game has burrowed itself into my heart like a happy little worm, and I'm incredibly thankful for the people I have met, the strange events I get to be a part of, and just how alive Torn feels even though its just a text based game.
Most of you I have never met, and likely never will, but thank you all the same for being here and keeping this world alive. I really do appreciate all of you, even if some of you are absolute jackasses <3
I was at work, it was a quiet day, and the Torn banner kept showing up as an ad. I ignored it for a while, but eventually curiosity got the best of me. I signed up, messed around for a couple days, and then got picked up and invited into my current faction.
It was immediate community. I was craving attention I confess, and I found it. For a game that focuses on assaulting each other and crime, I found myself introduced to so many friendly people, but with a healthy balance of "f**k around and find out" which I truly appreciate.
I'm not just talking about the folks in my faction either. I've met friendly traders, revivers, and just folks that I've been lucky to have conversation with because of a trade or random interaction.
Torn is a weird community, and I love it for that. This game has burrowed itself into my heart like a happy little worm, and I'm incredibly thankful for the people I have met, the strange events I get to be a part of, and just how alive Torn feels even though its just a text based game.
Most of you I have never met, and likely never will, but thank you all the same for being here and keeping this world alive. I really do appreciate all of you, even if some of you are absolute jackasses <3