Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

NARCAN!

Started by ShaneTheMeek [3052911] on in General Discussion.

29 replies · 1.21k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ShaneTheMeek [3052911]
I am new and still realizing what is too OP for this game so I was hoping for some opinions. ODing is a major part of the game, giving you risk for using drugs constantly, but I think just like real life if someone could reach you within a certain time frame they could administer a life saving dose of NARCAN. Make it super expensive and needing schooling to use but it could half the loss of E and Happy as well as get the person out of the hospital if it is used say within 5 mins of overdose. Would something like this work in the game or is it too strong of an item?
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
Od has a very minor chance of happening, and usually the worst that can happen is you lose some e and nerve, and can't take more drugs for a while

For jumps it has the interesting side effect of wasting a lot of money, but then there are also player run insurance services that help (gat and securop's iirc)

I think it's fine the way it is. Fun idea though!
Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee
Narcan counteracts opioid overdoses, such as Vicodin. It has no effect whatsoever on Xanax overdose.
Weav3r [1853324] Helper
Implementation of this idea is very likely never going to happen but for the fun of it, I'll just spitball my own theory.

Getting out of the hospital and restoring the happiness are the easy parts. Freevives happen pretty often on ODs and I would rather fly to Switz to restore my happy than to pay an extortionate amount to restore just half of it. So for those two items, I'd argue that such an item wouldn't be strong enough..or really useful at all in the first place.

However, restoring half energy is a different story entirely and would depend heavily on the price of such an item and the circumstances in which it's used, since energy is the most valuable commodity in Torn. In order to figure out how much such an item would cost we have to consider the overall worth of the energy it would be restoring, which for the sake of argument I will assume is on the top end.
Right now it looks like 25e is worth about $2.5m (based on the cost of Rockstar Rudolph) and the maximum you can stack your energy to is 1000. So we can reasonably assume that the Narcan would restore 500e, coming out to a total of $50,000,000 worth of energy being restored. I would expect the drug to cost around $50m at the absolute minimum, but probably even more given that it'd be a specialty thing you would have to hire someone to do for you.

Given these numbers, doing it for happy jumps are out of the question. Probably chains too. I would only see an item of such value being of any significant use during RW where the faction needs to squeeze every single hit possible out of their members.
pussy [2797641]
narcan can be a self-revive, it would help in place of blood bags and count as a booster or something - we have opium as a drug cd and bloodbags as a medical cd, so the booster cd would make sense for this
ElSupraCabra [2770845]
Xanax doesn't give you energy in the real world, in fact it is a tranquilizer. Always thought it was odd that it gives energy in torn.
R_N_B [2826203]
Interesting.... If that NARCAN or something can block negative effect (Given close windows)

It might save lose of happiness which is devastating :D

If I can do that and didn't need to scared about losing my happiness (And if I already finished all Edu and be a director)

I might bring my brain syndrom to 100% xD
TwentyFour [2234860]
You might want to use flumazenil instead of naloxone,

Used for benzo overdose but it also has harmful effects in itself unlike naloxone, could get the mythical double OD.