I thought items were restocked in the store at every 15 minute mark, but the store in Argentina restocked at 4:58. Are the timers off? Or did they make a change where items are restocked according to the rate of depletion, not rounded to the nearest tick?
Restock timers [resolved]
Started by Busta_Chrymes [2859467] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 50 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Mizadil [2640357] Committee
· 1 likes ·
It's actually a few seconds after the 15 minute mark, occasionally as many as 30s depending on server load. Never seen it happen early. Were you personally there to witness the restock, or are you relying on second hand information? - Mizadil [2640357] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Well, did you take note of how many were available at :58? Unless you know for sure that it was very close to full restock quantity, it's almost certain that it was restocked late on the previous tick rather than … - flare [2195157] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Also I wouldn't recommend graving a qna. Even if it was you making a mistake, It can be used in the future to prevent someone from doing the same :)
As far as i know, foreign items are restocked according to the rate of depletion, then rounded to the nearest 15 minute tick. I did run across this in the wiki;
"Please note that items abroad have limited stocks which are restocked regularly, it is also hinted that there will be some items stocked irregularly in the future [1]."
That being said, 2 minutes early seems close enough. I don't know if its supposed to be the exact second the quarter of an hour hits, or if its just a general time frame.
"Please note that items abroad have limited stocks which are restocked regularly, it is also hinted that there will be some items stocked irregularly in the future [1]."
That being said, 2 minutes early seems close enough. I don't know if its supposed to be the exact second the quarter of an hour hits, or if its just a general time frame.
It's weird that someone would consider a foreign destination a 'store' . I mean its not wrong, but I never would have connected in Torn stores with foreign markets.
It suggest, like the Porteguese in Japan, that there is a little piece of Torn in each of the countries...
Let's hear it for the Rainbow Tour, its been such an incredible success!
It suggest, like the Porteguese in Japan, that there is a little piece of Torn in each of the countries...
Let's hear it for the Rainbow Tour, its been such an incredible success!
It's actually a few seconds after the 15 minute mark, occasionally as many as 30s depending on server load.
Never seen it happen early. Were you personally there to witness the restock, or are you relying on second hand information?
Never seen it happen early. Were you personally there to witness the restock, or are you relying on second hand information?
I saw it personally. My log also says it was bought at :58. (Although the fact that it was not available before can not be proven....) It surprised me though, because I had arrived at :43 and there weren't any monkeys or ceibo available, so I waited for :45 and refreshed the page a bunch.
There was still nothing, so I sat there waiting for the next tick. I had my market open, so I was kind of nervous, since I had made a couple sales in-flight and had more money on me than when I usually fly. I started doing some other stuff and noticed the time was getting close, so I glanced back at my monitor and the store was restocked. I was surprised so I checked the Torn timer, the time on my pc and my watch.
-- but looking back, I guess it miiight be possible I refreshed at :45 minute mark, saw no change and didn't refresh again til :58. But i'm a pretty habitual page refresher and I was carrying more money than usual, so I'm fairly, if not 100% confident the store restocked before the tick. Which of course is unusual, so I posted in case there was a change to restocking I didn't know about.
But I didn't know restocking could be up to 30 sec. late depending on server load, so perhaps that's what happened...
Sorry for the fuss, it's not a huge deal; I was just wondering if foreign market restocking had changed. Maybe it was just human error?
There was still nothing, so I sat there waiting for the next tick. I had my market open, so I was kind of nervous, since I had made a couple sales in-flight and had more money on me than when I usually fly. I started doing some other stuff and noticed the time was getting close, so I glanced back at my monitor and the store was restocked. I was surprised so I checked the Torn timer, the time on my pc and my watch.
-- but looking back, I guess it miiight be possible I refreshed at :45 minute mark, saw no change and didn't refresh again til :58. But i'm a pretty habitual page refresher and I was carrying more money than usual, so I'm fairly, if not 100% confident the store restocked before the tick. Which of course is unusual, so I posted in case there was a change to restocking I didn't know about.
But I didn't know restocking could be up to 30 sec. late depending on server load, so perhaps that's what happened...
Sorry for the fuss, it's not a huge deal; I was just wondering if foreign market restocking had changed. Maybe it was just human error?
Well, did you take note of how many were available at :58? Unless you know for sure that it was very close to full restock quantity, it's almost certain that it was restocked late on the previous tick rather than early on the next tick.
I'm sorry, I looked back at Torn PDA and you were absolutely right.
Thanks for the replies and sorry for taking your time!
[image: imgcp.aacdn.jp]
Thanks for the replies and sorry for taking your time!
[image: imgcp.aacdn.jp]
Also I wouldn't recommend graving a qna. Even if it was you making a mistake, It can be used in the future to prevent someone from doing the same :)