Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Multiple People Attacking Same Target

Started by Zemekes [2924975] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 40 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
Zemekes [2924975]
This is one of the most frustrating things during events. I feel like once a person engages a target, no one else but faction members, should be able to join a fight. Not all of us have one shot stats, and it gets really annoying getting your kills stolen from under you. Plus, during this even and others, servers are slow and glitchy. It would be beneficial to people who are not as strong to be able to get their hits in.
Stephen_Lynx [2869110]
I have to disagree with you. Let's explore some scenarios:
1: RWs, you agree people should join. But what happens with merc hits tho? Factions often don't fight a RW on their own.
2: events, like elimination: it would punish people that CAN one shot targets. Elim is supposed to be extremely competitive, this would effectively work as a handicap. I think the same argument would be valid for bounties.
3: regular attacks where someone just happen to snipe your target: I dunno, skill issue, git gud? I don't find reasonable to rework a huge aspect of the game for such rare and, frankly, inconsequential aspects.
4: territory attacks. Same logic as RWs but on steroids. I participated in the island war and it was chaos with several factions hitting people. Sometimes a faction would be fighting a god damn dozen other ones. In this case either you block other factions, which would help the defender, or you allow everyone that wouldn't cause an ED.

You know each turn is only one second, right? A normal fight would last only 25 seconds in ideal conditions, which is the case most of the time. If you are getting sniped often during halloween, use the advanced search in a way you can tap into a greater target pool that will reduce how often someone will pick the same target as you. There are thousands of players who haven't logged in at least a week and wouldn't complain if you gave them a bonk or two.
Zemekes [2924975]
I doubt it’s rare as I see it all the time. And it has nothing to do with skill when the servers are overloaded and I click attack, it loads, the target has been ganked, and I’m out 25e. How is that skill? Your other points make sense when I think about it.

at least the E should be returned if you never got a hit off.