quantum computer is It is a specialty that I love, as I specialize in studying physics, but this field includes many other specializations such as computers, mathematics, engineering, and materials science in general. I was really excited when I saw this field included in the courses at the College of Computer Science in torn city
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 27 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Torn citizens have much brain damaged but they got some brains too!
Torn citizens have much brain damaged but they got some brains too!
As I understand it, entanglement can't be used for long distance communication.
If this is the case, why/how are quantum computers expected to function at their core properties? I'm genuinely curious to get an explanation from someone studying physics.
If this is the case, why/how are quantum computers expected to function at their core properties? I'm genuinely curious to get an explanation from someone studying physics.
Quantum entanglement can't be used by itself to transfer communication, however when you combine it with classical communication then you can "teleport" a qubit. I've never studied quantum computing so I can't really discuss how it works, but its intuitive to see the benefits of quantum cryptography if you can share entangled particles in advance and then use it in addition to classical communication.
I get the intuition here but we have a similar intuition regarding fusion power and have been stuck on one particle away from a sustainable power source for decades despite the visiom (and the alternative is pure destruction.)
The basis of long distance communication in this case being the benefit is sending unique data. For example, instant video footage from a space probe back to earth.
The known limitations would suggest this would only be possible if the particles on earth were initially connected with those on the probe. Not a problem right? But logic says the connection is the information observed on Earth. However, at the subatomic it appears reversal of time should be possible.
Personally I believe anything humans can imagine, they can engineer in some fashion or another. In this case however, I think it would be a heck of a long ways off. Perhaps AI can speed things along, but it's only going to be as capable as the information it's fed. There seems to be a ton of gaps in our understanding and very few certainties.
Here's to hoping we see it in our lifetime.
The basis of long distance communication in this case being the benefit is sending unique data. For example, instant video footage from a space probe back to earth.
The known limitations would suggest this would only be possible if the particles on earth were initially connected with those on the probe. Not a problem right? But logic says the connection is the information observed on Earth. However, at the subatomic it appears reversal of time should be possible.
Personally I believe anything humans can imagine, they can engineer in some fashion or another. In this case however, I think it would be a heck of a long ways off. Perhaps AI can speed things along, but it's only going to be as capable as the information it's fed. There seems to be a ton of gaps in our understanding and very few certainties.
Here's to hoping we see it in our lifetime.
Normal computing - using 1s and 0s
Quantum computing - using 1s 0s and the chance of a 1 or 0
also using 0s1s2s3s4s etc because of multiple structures
Quantum computing - using 1s 0s and the chance of a 1 or 0
also using 0s1s2s3s4s etc because of multiple structures