9 replies · 137 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
48 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · You don't know how future crimes would work, so I don't really understand what this suggestion achieves or is aimed at? It's a suggestion based entirely on speculation with no detail.
As we move towards more complex crimes would it be an idea to hire a lockup or some other space as I certainly wouldn't want to build a bomb or produce drugs in my own home.
As a bonus it could also be used for extra storage space seeing as the rules have changed on the basic inventory and would clear up a lot of space in my display case
You don't know how future crimes would work, so I don't really understand what this suggestion achieves or is aimed at? It's a suggestion based entirely on speculation with no detail.
I just think it would be interesting to add additional spaces to prepare for crimes. Bombing is coming up at some point and with all the fertiliser knocking about I would speculate we will either be building homemade explosives or growing something. In the real world I would be looking for disused spaces to stay one step ahead of the law and not putting all of my eggs in one basket by producing everything in one place.
Plus the addition of cough syrup leads me to believe we will potentially be manufacturing some other illegal goodies. Given certain drug production risks explosions I wouldn't want to keep fertiliser in the vicinity.
You are completely correct and as I don't know anything about future crime mechanics maybe all this has already been taken into consideration.
Somewhere it’s been said that ~30 crimes are planned. Aside from the few crimes that are to be released soon, for the crimes that are going to be released later (each 3 months apart iirc), are the mechanics for said crimes already determined? Like if the OP’s suggestion were to be the case for crime #29, have the items needed and unique mechanics been decided upon?
Well if they are mostly fleshed out, it would mean that these sorts of suggestions are somewhat unnecessary and won’t be needed for a long time. On the other hand, if crimes are still in the very early stages of development, perhaps you could encourage player feedback or suggestions to help fill out the last remaining crimes with some new ideas
I can see uses for lockups. like for instance a cocaine lockup to sell cocaine out of. a weed one too. there are a lot of different lockups that can be used for crimes. they could be sold in a spot like a back room for the estate brokers just big al has the bunker. points to open it