The maps of the world change hue so fleet
Like fiery sparks that in darkness meet
Once proud factions to ashes fall below
From wreckage new powers their roots embed and grow
A folk shall flourish then begin decline
Their greatest foe is not battles align
Nor potent forces who struggle for reign
'Tis time itself, marching ever again
On life's road I've seen companions part ways
Friend after friend without warning they strays
Each vanishes lone without goodbye or gaze behind
And thus I see this path a harsh fight time
Some fought quietly for seasons threefold more
Some were laid low but up again they soar
Some around me paid with their final breath
And most just called to arms met speedy death
As for me, in obscurity my days wane
Times quick change leaves me no place to remain
What role remains I can try to fulfill?
To journey through time mortals' common drudgery still
My little boat floats drifting on waters wide
Warring the waves as they surge side to side
Sailing ahead to where time meets its end
A lone voyager 'gainst the floods I defend