Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Collecting Press Pass data

Started by Chuck_Norris [2544593] on in General Discussion.

53 replies · 1.76k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
51 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Anomalousman [2534256] ×2

Chuck_Norris [2544593]

Hey yall,

Long been curious about the rates of payouts from Press Pass so I've decided to collect at least 100k job points spend of data.

If you are in a TV and are happy to share, what I would love is your data. Fortunately, Torn.report has a Press Pass section that consolidates your Press Pass payouts in a neat table.

Please post a screenie of your table below and I will add to the data. I'll update this post as and when I hop on my laptop.

I've collected 155k job points of data so far. Will post a pic of the table in the next 24 hours.

Chuck_Norris [2544593]
[image: i.imgur.com]

Maths behind the Value Per
Mini SE - (420m/4)*0.75 - assumes that an SE is worth 420m, and that you have 3 stats in SE range
2.5k Happy - valued at 2m as it can't be sold and will be less vaulable than an EDVD for most people.
Work Stats - (250/75)*400k - You get 75 work stats per train, assumes 1 train is worth 400k
300 Energy - 10x 30e cans - Can argue that 10x 30e cans gives 450e if you have full voracity, but the Press Pass payout uses no Booster CD, which adds value
25 Nerve - 13x 2n bottles - Same situation as above. Can argue it's worth more or less, depending on voracity and value one places on Nerve.
Casino Tokens - 10m - just under half the value of a Casino Pass, which only provides 50 tokens. Different people will value casino tokens differently.
Racing Skill - 3m - the low end value of a day's worth of flying. I had this value significantly higher but as with casino tokens and happy, it has different levels of importance to different players.

Press Pass v Candleshop for Stat Gains
[image: i.imgur.com]
Credit to Anomalousman for the table

Something I've pondered recently is the difference in gains between the Candleshop and Press Pass. Given that you get a TON more e from a Candleshop in a year, I was curious how the mini-SE stacked up. Part of my curiosity is that the effectiveness of SEs increases the higher your stat gets, while the return on gym gains decreases, relatively.

10% 10 Star - the TV station is 10* for 10% of the year and 9* for 90% of the year
100% 10 Star - the TV station is 10* for 100% of the year
3 stats - 3 out of 4 battlestats are in SE range

Disclaimers:
- Free and reliable e from job points cannot be valued - the Candleshop provides flexibility and stat gains is not the only use for the e.
- Having more stats but no e to act can be limiting.
- E is the most valuable resource in the game (something I have drilled into my members for the past 2 or so years).
- Press Pass does also provide e, but due to RNG you might end up burning 350 points (14 Press Pass uses) and still not catch an e payout.

This is just a thought exercise for a situation that is relevant to me. It isn't meant to be a definitive statement that one company is better than the other. For my long-term goals, the TV is the perfect forever home.

Mentions: Anomalousman [2534256]

Cheb [876657] Reporter
Credit Score 7
Happy 3
Box of Tissues 3
Battle Stats 2
Work Stats 2
Racing Skill 2
Nerve 2
EDVD 2
LBC 2
City Finds 2
Energy 1
BCT 1
Tokens 1
Crime XP 1
Chuck_Norris [2544593]
Crime XP 39x
79300 Energy52x
80Business Class Ticket51x
81250 to a working stat46x
820.5 Racing Skill40x
83Erotic DVD49x
8410m max Duke loan55x
8525 nerve41x
86Lawyers Business Card39x
8710 boxes of tissues42x
88mini SE50x
89Happiness boost51x
90gaze down on the city48x
91100 casino tokens46x
92649
Ty Judge for providing this data
Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer
RewardCount%
Crime XP1311.02
Battle Stats119.32
EDVD119.32
Box of Tissues119.32
BCT108.47
Tokens108.47
Racing Skill97.63
LBC86.78
Credit Score86.78
Energy75.93
Nerve65.08
Work Stats54.24
Happy54.24
City Finds43.39
Total118100.00
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Someone did this not too long ago with 10's of thousands of points, just like you have.

Hopefully they see this thread and you two can compare results.

It was done just before Halloween, and yes he got properly roasted because the MCS boosts could have been used during the event lol.
Chuck_Norris [2544593]
The issue is when people post logs it's VERY time consuming to go through and table it.

If that person does see this, and can share their Torn.report table screenie, that would be amazing.
Chuck_Norris [2544593]
Legend! Even has the table of his results posted which makes my life very easy.

Can't wait to get home and hop on my laptop so I can update my table with all the data posted so far!
Chuck_Norris [2544593]
Spoke to the boss and she's allowed me the afternoon off without the kids if I mow the lawn now, so expect an updated table in the next 2 hours or so.
drownedbubble [215120]
Category Count
Happy 41
LBC 38
City Finds 36
Credit Score 33
EDVD 32
Crime XP 31
Battle Stats 29
Racing Skill 28
Work Stats 27
Box of Tissues 27
Nerve 25
Tokens 25
BCT 24
Energy 20
BrotherPigeon [584064]
I don't know how to screenshot because I'm a luddite and I'm too lazy to self-teach/Google but if someone can provide an idiot-proof how-to I can follow then I have 377 Press Pass uses I can add.
Zanz [2830805]
On linux with most modern window managers: ctrl+shift+s
On windows: shift+win+s
On android: volume down + power buttons
(or google assistant: say take screenshot)

Mac: ctrl+shift+apple?
iOs: ask siri?

Open imgbb.co, drag-drop the screenshot, upload, click the result, rightclick and select copy image link, in the forums, use the insert image button in the input field.