Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat boxes Gone!

Started by GangbangerGen [2768029] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 77 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
GangbangerGen [2768029]
My chat boxes have disappeared. Not sure if it is a setting, a glitch, something I have done that it has disappeared or just Chat 2.0 having a fanny wobble. FML

I'm not very tech savvy (yes and I play this game, who would have thought)

If you have any suggestions. Help!

Trollers welcome.
JackKelly [2271177]
It's been happening to a lot of people lately.

Try using an incognito mode. try clearing your browser cache and/or site data. Maybe a different browser, or even switching to a pc or mobile, depending in which one currently doesn't work.

Those have worked for some people and not for others. If it comes down to it, may have to just communicate with the mail function until chat gets fixed.
CHINGADERA [2270005]
Keep thinking ched is gonna do something without breaking something else, lmao.

I appreciate all the retards that voted along the 67% to keep chat 2.broken. There's a special place in hell for enablers.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
A few ideas here... I'm really not having any problems for days now, and I've never had permanent issues, but these are pretty much fix all solutions to crap like this...


If you play torn exclusively on PC, log out of torn, clear your browser cache.

If you play torn exclusively on Mobile, log out of torn, go to settings, apps, the browser you use, clear cache and clear data.

If you play on both and have no boxes on either, log out of Torn... Both of above.

If you play on both and have boxes on one but not the other, close all boxes, and refresh the page.


The incognito mode fix that is working for a lot of people just screams cache issues. If you don't know how to do it, google it, it's easy.
Dangerboat [2252445]
I've gone incognito and cleared cache, no luck so far. I would love to have chat again at some point, but it is going on a few weeks now and I'm losing hope.
Runalf [2047589]
Just stick a post-it on your right lower corner of your screen and use a pencil to chat.

The receiver won't get your message but that's also the case with chat 2.0