Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bazaar and Mugging

Started by KelleyB [3186515] on in Graveyard.

14 replies · 244 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
16
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

KelleyB [3186515]
I'm having an issue where I'll be mugged immediately after making a high value sell in my bazaar, Is this just a normal thing and is there a way to bank my money or do I just have to invest it? Is there a way to stop the muggings so I don't keep getting pulled from whatever I was doing?
yoyoYossarian [2897328]
This is very normal. Most people open the bazaar and then hide in hospital (self-hospitalize by using the wrong bloody type) or fly abroad. Since you’re so new, I’d guess neither of these options are available to you yet. You’d likely be better of using a trusted trader. You can find many on the trading post forum.
Quackor [3097913]
Open your bazaar and then travel somewhere, or use the wrong blood bag

If they see an easy mug people will take it and be very fast about it
flare [2195157] Officer Officer
Its a normal thing, if you want to avoid this the best thing you could do is start self hosping when you are listing higher values stuff (anything 10-20m+ total)

First you'll need to complete the introduction to biology course, than the Intravenous Therapy course which unlocks the use of bloodbags

Secondly use an empty blood bag to find your blood type

Third from now on when you list use a blood bag that you are incompatible with or a bottle of Ipecac Syrup sending you to the hospital for 1-1.5hrs

From the hospital no one can mug you so your money will be safe on hand (just make sure to have revives disabled). After things sell throw the money into a ghost trade (a trade you set up with a friend that you dont want to complete) and feel free to leave the hospital without the risk of getting immediately mugged
SkellyWoog [2697665]
I'd also research ghost trades to save your money with a trusted friend.

1. Close your bazaar.
2. Put valuable items in your bazaar
3. Open your bazaar (then fly o/seas ASAP ,if travelling)
4. .. if not travelling and staying in TC, Self-hospitalize with wrong bag immediately
5. Wait for Sale
6. Set "ghost trade" with a friend - add your monies
7. Get out of hospital
8. Soon after (not immediately after getting out of hosp), cancel your trade and move it safely somewhere

Remember also - you have 15 seconds of "safe time" when you land - so if you sell when o/seas you have 15 seconds to move monies somewhere safe too.

Or as YoYo said, find a safe trader - less work, but they will take their clip for the safety :)

Edit: fixed per Maki's correction.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
You need to get to level 15.

List your stuff, fly away and set a timer on your phone so you don't miss your landing.

Players get like 30 seconds of attack protection after they land when flying. So long as you're there to hide your money somewhere, you'll be safe.

Other than that, look into the education required to use blood bags, cheap self hospitalization for an hour or so.
KelleyB [3186515]
Yeah I'm still figuring the game out and am not high enough level to travel. Right now I intend to invest most of my money in Points because their value doesn't move much until I find a friend to do trades with. Kind of wild to me the bank doesn't have deposits, just the investment thing, but I don't have enough for that to be worth it yet
TS3 [1766430]
Points are what I used aswell. Works well. But work on bio education course for blood bags. This will allow you to put yourself in the hospital to avoid being mugged while awaiting a sale.

also, most factions offer a secure banking. Where the money you deposit goes directly into an account under your name to keep track of the funds you deposit, find a decent faction and read as much as you possibly can in the forums. Knowledge is power in torn, good luck.
KelleyB [3186515]
Right now I can't even buy points because I get mugged as soon as I get out the hospital. I'm starting to thing I just wont be able to play until I have no money for people to mug me for
Taxxon [882264]
There are some know safe traders around. Check trading forums or I can provide some recommendations.

Welcome to Torn, as mentioned I suggestion joining a faction with similar goals. Factions are resources to be utilized and should make your experience more enjoyable.