Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Weapons experience not increasing

Started by Skippy15 [1905086] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 64 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100
Skippy15 [1905086]
Hi, I've been using the same weapons for a while now and went to look to see how my experience in a couple of them was going (our faction war weekly) and thought it odd that these were not nearer 100% by now, so I made a note of the percentages a few days back, I also noted the Hits made with each of these weapons as seen within Torn Stats - Weapons Experience . when I had a look again after this weekends RW those counts are still reading the same and the exp %'s are still the same?
In particular I'm using a Primary weapon yellow Mag 7 with Bleed bonus and a Secondary weapon orange Qsz-92 with execute, and made much use of them during our last RW from [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]19:02:58 25/01/24 onwards.[/background]
Any ideas?
thanks
Skippy
Hemicopter [2780600]
Hits are not tracked for you to see. The values shown are just an estimate.
The percentages aren't linear, so the chance from 99% to 100% needs more hits than 1% to 2%
How many hits are we talking, and which percentage do you have on the mag7/qsz92?
They also seem harder to level due to ammo limitations and a harder environment (npc fighting is used for weapon exp a lot)
Skippy15 [1905086]
what I can say, during this weekends RW I attacked 81 players succeeding 78 times, mostly using my pri and secd weapons, and I can see I fired 350 rounds over this weekend, so I am surprised that the exp on both those weapons has not moved.
Syncopate [2562293] Wiki Contributor
Since it was during RW, were they like 1 or 2 hit kills?

350 rounds fired for 87 attacks isn’t all that much.
Hemicopter [2780600]
1 attack has 25 hits, how many hits of those were dedicated to the mag7 and the qsz?

given 350 rounds:

lower bound would be bad luck, qsz only, shooting 12 bullets every time, would amount to 30 hits

higher bound would be great luck, shooting 2 bullets every time, would amount to 175 hits

if you always emptied both ammo of your guns, that would amount to 15+45=60 bullets, which I would estimate to last 15 hits on average, 2 or 3 hits per magazine. 350/60 = ~6 fights worth, so 15*6 = 90 hits ballpark.

for weapon exp, close to 100%, 90 hits is not a lot.
Skippy15 [1905086]
I'm not expecting 350 rounds to be big % changes in exp on these weapons, but I recorded the Mag7 was at 87% and the pistol at 65% over a week ago and the values have not moved at all since then.
I don't know what the trigger is to recalculate exp on these weapons is?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I have verified this on your account, the weapon exp is working fine, it gets increasingly difficult to gain exp as you level up.

Thanks!
Skippy15 [1905086]
Wow ok, I’ve not appreciated this until now. Thanks hemicopter, syncopate and cloud jumper for your time. I’ll keep watching and waiting.