So what kind of income are you cracking fanatics pulling in?
Cracking income
Started by Famol [2479774] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
at least... 42 no 39.
Depends a lot on the exact job, with most of the advanced ones ranging between 4k and 6k/N depending on amount of characters, so ~1.5M/day on average for a casual player. Nothing stellar and definitely could be better, but still the highest besides disposal of dead bodies and body parts for a raw cash reward.
Higher than pretty much every crime in 1.0 except hacking, but still only 1/3rd of hacking, having more material components and four education courses for optimal performance.
On the flipside, significantly better than hacking for CE gain. I'd argue it's currently the crime with the highest CE gain in 2.0 and the success rates are so high overall that I'd go as far as to say that, to date, this is the closest equivalent we have to arsons from 1.0.
ETA: For anyone looking for the most profitable jobs there's this sheet with info regarding every target and targeted service combination recorded. Fairly outdated and I know for a fact there's one government job that pays over 400k that's not listed, but still pretty accurate for everything else. Check what jobs you got and compare average income, get an idea on whether they're worth doing or better to skip.
Higher than pretty much every crime in 1.0 except hacking, but still only 1/3rd of hacking, having more material components and four education courses for optimal performance.
On the flipside, significantly better than hacking for CE gain. I'd argue it's currently the crime with the highest CE gain in 2.0 and the success rates are so high overall that I'd go as far as to say that, to date, this is the closest equivalent we have to arsons from 1.0.
ETA: For anyone looking for the most profitable jobs there's this sheet with info regarding every target and targeted service combination recorded. Fairly outdated and I know for a fact there's one government job that pays over 400k that's not listed, but still pretty accurate for everything else. Check what jobs you got and compare average income, get an idea on whether they're worth doing or better to skip.
I think a major factor that is not being accounted for is the cost of a rig. Sure, you could pull those numbers with a top rig, but then you're looking at months just to pay back the investment. On the other hand, a more cost neutral rig (e.g full ecpu) will lead to lower numbers (2-3k/n), but you'll have paid it back in a day or two.
Btw, disposing bodies is currently sitting below body parts once you take into account the current price of the items required, assuming you're using the safe option. Unless the trend on the price of the acid reverses soon, it may become more profitable to do weapons instead
Btw, disposing bodies is currently sitting below body parts once you take into account the current price of the items required, assuming you're using the safe option. Unless the trend on the price of the acid reverses soon, it may become more profitable to do weapons instead
I've gotten a green result on every body I've abandoned FWIW
My rig has 24 HPCPUs (only need 6 more) with a BFS of 6.22 currently and I have spent $0 on it
You're both right and wrong. Right in the sense that technically speaking you have not spent anything. Wrong in the sense that if you were to sell them now, that'd be worth 60m. In the very very very long run you'll end up making more money (assuming you don't touch the 60m), but in the short term you have a very negative profit.
My point is that, unless you're certain that you'll be using the rig for long enough to pay it back (and we're looking at 2+ months at least right now), it's better to just sell/don't buy the component and go for a much cheaper rig. Sure, a better rig has some advantage, but I personally don't believe it's significant enough to warrant the cost. Especially since I think cracking is currently only third for income in 2.0
My point is that, unless you're certain that you'll be using the rig for long enough to pay it back (and we're looking at 2+ months at least right now), it's better to just sell/don't buy the component and go for a much cheaper rig. Sure, a better rig has some advantage, but I personally don't believe it's significant enough to warrant the cost. Especially since I think cracking is currently only third for income in 2.0
I stole them or got them from uniques, that means I have positive 60m + any profit I get from that, not negative profit
Its like winning the lottery and buying the FCH block, theres no negative profit there
As investment goes, 60m for 150k* (70 nerve) a day its pretty damn good, and Im not even cracking for profit yet
*sleepy, maths not mathing maybe
Its like winning the lottery and buying the FCH block, theres no negative profit there
As investment goes, 60m for 150k* (70 nerve) a day its pretty damn good, and Im not even cracking for profit yet
*sleepy, maths not mathing maybe
Money rewarded: $39,586,200
Seems alright compared to other crimes
Seems alright compared to other crimes
you could make millions selling that, and then have 5.5+ with just ecpus and fans lol
$55,326
/ success
$30,042,500
$11,065
/ nerve
something like that
thanks for the advice. I think I'll follow your suggestion.
It has good results. I have failed some.
So question about the pics shown with the graphs. What is that again?
Thank in advance.
Thank in advance.