hey guys i know this might be answered else where but i keep getting a 403 error and torn is constantly verifying,its got to the point i can barely play,any advice would be grateful
403 forbiden
Started by Heldaria [2230882] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
A 403 Forbidden Error occurs when you do not have permission to access a web page or something else on a web server.
Are you using a VPN? Have you tried to clear your cookies and cache?
Are you using a VPN? Have you tried to clear your cookies and cache?
no vpn,cookies cleared,this is a new pc with win 11,i dunno,i know its driving me mad,lol
Welcome to helpdesk! Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Is it plugged in?
Just go and watch the IT Crowd. You’ll forget all about your problem! If I were you I’d try multiple browsers.
I love Richard Ayoade yet can't stand that show. It reminds me a bit too much of the fake sitcom Ricky Gervais' character starred in on Extras
i know less than nothing about IT stuff, but have you checked that your clock is using internet time
If the time on your computer is not correct, you won't be able to verify with cloudflare
Really? I can’t say that I’ve heard of Extras before. I also love Richard Ayoade.
it really is that bad, you'll give up after a few episodes, not some of his better stuff tbf
I've never had that issue on a PC but I get it on my android (using kiwi browser) about once a day. I just have to give up on that tab and try another one and that one will get through just fine.
Is there anything unusual about your home network?
Is there anything unusual about your home network?
Run Windows and browser updates
Do you get this on any other websites? Which pages are affected? You can post on the forums so is it specific parts of the website or does it happen everywhere randomly?
Your network is likely the problem if you are getting the 403 with Cloudflare and seeing the popup constantly it means you are probably switching between multiple networks during up/down transmission. Try disabling your wireless or pulling out your network cable if you are using both and just run off one. If you are connected to multiple different wireless access points you could be failing over between them or different networks.
I get the CF verifying page when my phone switches between 4G and Wifi while moving round the house but it doesn't 403 me.
Do you get this on any other websites? Which pages are affected? You can post on the forums so is it specific parts of the website or does it happen everywhere randomly?
Your network is likely the problem if you are getting the 403 with Cloudflare and seeing the popup constantly it means you are probably switching between multiple networks during up/down transmission. Try disabling your wireless or pulling out your network cable if you are using both and just run off one. If you are connected to multiple different wireless access points you could be failing over between them or different networks.
I get the CF verifying page when my phone switches between 4G and Wifi while moving round the house but it doesn't 403 me.
IT Crowd? I watched the whole thing a few years ago. Maybe during Covid, I can’t recall. I thought it was pretty good, but I don’t claim that it is for everyone or anything.
Honestly, I had this happen to me a few months ago when I upgraded my PC. It was a really easy fix
Unplug everything from your tower
Get a large tote or bin
Place Tower in tote/bin
Cover in rice
Leave it there for a few months and you’ll be good to go!
Best of luck, if you have any questions about what kind of rice to use or where to buy a large quantity of rice please message me!
Unplug everything from your tower
Get a large tote or bin
Place Tower in tote/bin
Cover in rice
Leave it there for a few months and you’ll be good to go!
Best of luck, if you have any questions about what kind of rice to use or where to buy a large quantity of rice please message me!
Do you have multiple wi-fi connection options? So the internet is jumping from source to source?
A booster? or mix of hotspot and Router. Or a mobile internet router constantly switching networks. I've seen those cause mutliple re-verification requests as from torns end it'd look like your accessing from a different place
A booster? or mix of hotspot and Router. Or a mobile internet router constantly switching networks. I've seen those cause mutliple re-verification requests as from torns end it'd look like your accessing from a different place
I dont see how this post is for Biden at all.
only one wifi box,only things connected to it are the pc and my phone
I'm far from a pro.... but to me it sounds like something is causing 'the session' to restart repeatedly.
An old router? Reset it all recently?
Is it mobile or pc only, or consistently both?
An old router? Reset it all recently?
Is it mobile or pc only, or consistently both?
https://community.cloudflare.com/t/community-tip-fixing-error-403-forbidden/53308
^ That's what Cloudflare says. Could be an issue with how Torn is routing your sessions. Maybe should be in Bugs & Issues instead?
^ That's what Cloudflare says. Could be an issue with how Torn is routing your sessions. Maybe should be in Bugs & Issues instead?