Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

City Items

Started by Kerm [2275373] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 230 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
Kerm [2275373]
I could just be missing something, however, is there a link or a thread that discusses items in the city? Is there a correlation between length of time to find items in the city and their worth?

So for example, if I go two months without collecting city map items, am I more likely to pull something of higher value than if I went in and pulled items each day for those two months?

May look stupid but figured it's worth the ask. My hunch is that there's zero correlation, just over a longer period of time you're more likely to get lucky with higher valued items, so of course if I'm away from Torn for a while and come back, I tend to find higher level things than when I'm on torn and check frequently.
fsh [2565962]
If you've been active in the last 24 hours, at the next day's start there is a chance to spawn an item. The item spawned seems entirely random. It is not affected by the number of items already present.*
if I'm away from Torn for a while and come back
You'll only get the item spawns from the last day you were active, and the day you returned.


*there's all manner of speculation that there's a hidden luck meter, that prayer affects things, etc. etc. I don't think anyone's been arsed to properly study it on a scale that would distinguish the results from random chance.
Kerm [2275373]
*there's all manner of speculation that there's a hidden luck meter, that prayer affects things, etc. etc. I don't think anyone's been arsed to properly study it on a scale that would distinguish the results from random chance.

That checks out. I have my Awareness merits maxed out so chances of even finding an item are higher. Figured it's completely at what the item is but I do wonder if chances for historically good items has decreased with loads more items being added to Torn with the Crimes overhaul and other additions.
fsh [2565962]
Oh, as to that, C2.0 definitely added way more "tat" items. Awareness book definitely has much lower expected value now.
ICEMAN00723 [1276677]
not really I still get many high value finds 3 SE's in 2023. this is my 2023 list of finds from torn reports

City Finds


365
Days
309
Items

$1,479,489,736

$4,053,396
/ day
$4,787,992
/ item


and I found a boxing glove to start off this year... yes a ton of randoms seems to be new stuff but still just as bad/good as they were before lol I clear my items on a daily basis and doubt it help or hurts to keep items up. but no way to really test.