Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Gladiators and or Faction Gladiators

Started by LostFromLight [2226777] on in Suggestions.

0 replies · 21 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 1 / 1 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
1
Discussion span
→
People posting
1
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
25 / 100
LostFromLight [2226777]
Apologies if this idea has been introduced before, I am not a frequent forum lurker. Nor is this a fully fleshed out idea, just a bud in the dirt.

In any case, I gravitate toward PVP elements of games. Torn obviously has its PVP elements, however I find them wanting in many cases. Most of the wars I've been in have been discussed terms, even in the event it's a *real* war, I almost never have available targets as my faction mates are very active and very strong.

As a PVP forward type of player having Honors like *Defends* which is essentially a net worth achievement (correct me if I'm wrong but do people get 10,000 defends without buying losses?) irritates me and with no real avenue to *farm* defends seems like a hole that should be filled, if possible.

To address these types of wants/concerns, I was thinking about a Gladiator or Faction Gladiator idea. Bullet Points Below

Solo Gladiator:
  • You Queue into a Gladiator Battle (I'll leave energy cost or w/e to experienced Torn players, I have no idea)
  • You are given a target that is +/- 5% Total Battlestats (not sure about this number either just guessing, maybe the range increases as total battlestats do for those ultra killers on top of leaderboards)
  • Coinflip for system to identify an attacker vs defender
  • The attacker is given a set amount of time to complete said attack
  • Results of the fight are logged and Gladiator ELO is adjusted for both parties
  • I hesitate to introduce wagers on matches both for participants and outside parties but this could be pretty fun as well. (I'd bet torn bucks on some BS leaderboard matches, although this could probably be easily abused with match rigging. At least the outside betting)
  • In terms of incentive, I'm also at a loss. Potential Merits/Honors aside, I would need assistance in potential *rewards* that would make sense economically.
Now I understand that this in many ways is another system that could be based on Net Worth. Folks that can afford the best gear will have the best results but different battle stat ratios could bridge this gap if you get a *bad* match up.

This idea could also be Faction wide using many of the same bullet points, however, I'll spare the community a write up because this idea may just suck LOL.