Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing skill Level ?

Started by PRP3 [2316010] on in Racing.

6 replies · 266 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
PRP3 [2316010]
What is the skill level for if you are over level 15 and the two guys in 1st and 2nd is level 6 the same stock car and same job and you lose by far
Rauhbautz [2108641]
Lol, ja. Here in my experience, RNG weights WWAAAYY more than does RS. On any given race, using the optimum vehicle, I frequently am stomped out by other racers with half my RS (27, atm), some being less than half my level; I have observed a RS 10 recently get first while I floundered in 5th.. Torn racing is a joke, only reason for continuing is nothing else to do while waiting.
VonDut [1781240]
I work really hard at not paying any attention to where I finish as opposed to the low skill racers. It sucks loosing by over half a lap to some 15 rs constantly (my rs is 44). Other posters are very correct, RNG is paramount to getting anywhere in this game (I still believe rng odds get worse the longer you play, or why would the majority of slot winners lately be very young players??)

And I see it both ways, for example, in no world should I be able to beat Data (rs 100) unless he crashes, but I do sometimes beat him. RNG for the win!

But I don't know what the fix should be. If someone knows that they have basically zero chance to win, they'll just leave the race, and players are stuck waiting for someone to accept the fact they will loose or be close enough in skill to have a good race.

Perhaps for Official Races, the skills should be closer than they are, perhaps separating A class into divisions (A1, A2, etc.). I recall there being some explanation that the skill levels in official races should be close if possible, but that is not what I see when I join a race within 2 minutes of it being created but I am with a bunch of teen skills, and still come in 4th or worse to not get any racing points.

For Custom Races, to each their own and you can join a race against 1 to 100 rs. Pray at the church for some of that coveted RNGeesus reward (doesn't work for me, but whatever...)
Rauhbautz [2108641]
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I am pretty sure RS is a factor into racing, I just believe, due to experience, that the RNGesus factor plays a more deciding role in racing determination.

If you track your racing, in particular, your Official Races, you will see a trend win a few, then lose a few... rinse, repeat. Torn just seems to grant winning on recent performance. In the end, you're likely to see all your cars have win % of 18-20%. I find the extreme specialized cars do a few points better.