Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Road House

Started by SpinDrift [2238383] on in TV & Movies.

10 replies · 83 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
SpinDrift [2238383]
So...with 40 minutes left of this 'remake'....having needed a break....I wonder if I am going to watch the rest of this (I probably will...just like the moth keeps thinking the next light won't hurt at all).

Now RoadHouse (Swayze and Elliott) is a classic.

Road House is a bag of shite.
Gyllenhall does his best, is almost believable, kinda and to be fair I thought after 20 minutes or so it coulda had promise.

That disappeared totally and then some with the appearance of Connor McGregor. Some almost ok lines, ruined by the fact the guy can't act and can barely talk. Almost filmed in 'Hulk O-vision' (it worked in Sin City - it doesn't here) and with the same kind of 'walk' that Vince Macmahon ridiculed himself doing.....

The brat bad guy smacking his boats sklipper cos the seas swells and he gets a nick shaving.

I think there is a 'big reveal' at the end, maybe two...but I ain't holding my breath,

It could have almost been a contender, but is so bad it doesn't even fit pretender....
_Kreeture_ [3199664]
It would have been fine, if they had just called it something else. Make it its own stand alone movie, as soon as you call him the same name and labelled it Road House, there are some seriously high expectations. You could have gone with a new name for Gyllenhaal and something like "the cooler" or something. Same premise as Road house, as the original movie showed there is more than one cooler out there....
AveryLennox [3250240]
Oh lord this was a hard watch... They should have called this anything but Road House... It was painful to watch because obviously I have seen Road House and know what it should be done like. And this most certainly wasn't it.

The acting was dreadful, Connor McGregor was exactly what you would expect and that is to say shite! Gyllenhall was as good as any other film he has been in lately again to say he was shite.

This did not meet the high expectations I had for Road House but it was worth a laugh.
2824277 [2824277]
So I heard bad things about it and still wanted to check it for myself. Didn't expect it to start off with Post Malone's saggy manboobs XD