Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attacks not triggering on Defense

Started by WhackedMaki [2587660] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

WhackedMaki [2587660]
I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.

I've been buying defends, and a few times now I've seen the screen flash a couple times before the attack ended. I mostly ignored it, but I looked at this log that just happened. I was attacked twice, but only did my defensive attack on the second swing. I'm not under the effect of any negative modifiers here that would make me skip my turn or anything like that, I just straight up didn't make an attack back.
Vivien_Yap [2433359]
distraction lasts for a short period of time even if the previous attacker loses, so this is likely the leftover distraction effect from the previous person
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
This happens due to Distraction debuff. Distraction effect can carry over from previous fight (which it did in this case). If you receive another attack within 30 secs of receiving an aggressive action from another player, the system treats it as a group attack and you have the chance of missing a hit due to Distraction.

You can read about it in this announcement.

Thanks!

Mentions: Upcoming change: Group attacking distraction