Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn not loading

Started by L2Spade [2004779] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 158 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
L2Spade [2004779]
Have barely been able to play for a week now, the site will work 5mins at most, then pages will change to endlessly loading.
It's not an internet issue, because everything else works fine, i tried different browsers, i disabled all add-ons, and deleted my api keys that were being used.

When it first started it caused problems for a few other games too, while most sites worked. i looked for outages and it said something about a Cloudflare center having problems that day, the other games are working now, torn is the only one that still isn't.

I tried different cloudflare troubleshooting guides, saying to use a vpn from a different region, clearing all cache, etc those didn't work either.
I also did a full router reset too

If anyone has advice on how to fix this, or if it's something that's happened to them and knows if i just have to wait it out, please lmk.
Muhammed [2318883]
Same issue I'm having, its making the game unplayable for me
Every minute i have to do cloudflare verification, and sometimes especially when I'm on slow internet it won't even allow me to login
Dr_Thycreator [2628088]
I'm having the same issue.

i find when I'm on mobile the issue is not present. i use firefox while on pc maybe the devs are optimizing for chrome (cloudflare devs). if its becoming a large issue try an alternate browser and reduce your extensions.

obligatory downloadmoreram
L2Spade [2004779]
i tried on chrome and firefox, does it on both. and tried with all extensions disabled.

I noticed if i close the browser and pull torn back up it will work for 2-3 mins... enough to train and travel

I'm glad to see it's a common issue though, i guess that means i just need to wait it out instead of needing to fix anything on my end.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Are you stuck on Cloudflare check page? If so, there's very little that Torn can do about it, as mentioned by Ched here. You can try setting your device's timezone to Automatic, that seems to resolve the problem for some players.

Thanks!

Mentions: Cloudflare infinite loop

L2Spade [2004779]
no there wasn't a check page, i think where my devices is trusted i don't need to verify it.

Mine was more like trying to change pages, and it never loading, but never failing to connect either. just endless loading like if i had no bandwidth.

it's been working better this morning, though.
josephting [2272298]
Same issue here. Have been persisting since 2-3 days before Easter egg event began.
Playing for a bit, everything was working fine as usual until it didn't, all (including static resources like slots sound effects) network requests to www.torn.com were pending for minutes in the developer tools.
Was trying to disable browser extensions but it didn't help. Other sites are working fine with the same browser (Chrome Windows 11)

In the meantime while I wait, I can open Firefox and torn was loading working fine.
I also haven't experienced this on mobile (TornPDA).

I could wait until it eventually recover itself and things will work normally again and the issue repeats itself randomly which just make the game unplayable for the most part.