Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

PA Team

Started by ella123 [2288389] on in Questions & Answers.

19 replies · 634 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

-EXECUTIONER- [163981] ×1 Lonestar [1151936] ×1 ACCUMULATED [1653406] ×1 1SOLIDKEEPER [2894651] ×1

ella123 [2288389]
How do I join one? Everyone in faction recruitment is always looking for this.

can I pay to join one instead, since I think my crimes isn’t enough to join
TugaRambo [1291268]
You're still a long way from it. A PA team is a group of people that can do the Presidential Assassination (PA) Organized Crime, and it takes a long time to be able to do it. On the plus side, with OC's 2.0 coming down the line it could happen that soon-ish that won't matter anymore.

You should have no problem joining a faction without that requirement though,
Celestino86 [2925740]
Perhaps the factions that hou are looking into are top tier ones with all late game players.

Look out for factions that dont require this.

To join a PA you need to do a lot of crimes... and by A LOT i mean hundreds of thousands.
Buda [2194089]
i wouldn't say hundreds of thousands... i've been in a PA team for a while now and i only have 76k crimes. while yeah it is a boatload its not hundreds of thousands
Celestino86 [2925740]
I assume then majority of those are higher tier crimes then not many lower tier or you have a team with a good mix of crimes

Or a mix of both.
Indefatigable [2517458]
There are 77 people in torn with more than 200k crimes. Likely 40k crimes was enough to be considered for a fourth in most factions. But a boatload of arsons for sure, 20k likely would have been enough.
ella123 [2288389]
I have 50 nerve! I think that is not enough

Next question is can I pay someone to let me join their PA Team! how much would this cost?
Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee
That sort of arrangement isn't unheard of, but wouldn't do you much good until you're much closer to actually qualifying for PAs. Underqualified team members receive reduced ce gains.
Pickles_616 [2407528]
If I recall correctly the old standard was 20,000 arsons *after* reaching 60 nnb (from when 60 was the max). I'm guessing that's equivalent to around 70 nnb now?
SoberHawk [2882518]
That's what I remember as well. And as far as what crime is equivalent to arsons... I don't think anyone really knows yet. 2.0 is still too new to have good CE data.
undo [2090073]
I was a #3 iirc when I switched to 2.0 in Sept and got a 65 NNB at the time. I’m a #2 now with 86k offenses and a 75 NNB.


Aside from the RNG element to NNB increases now it seems that they might not have a great correlation with CE anymore.
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
You can join most factions without being able to do pa's.. the limiting factor for some would be your battlestats/activity rather than your ce.

It takes around 1-2 years of criming to be considered decent ce for pa's. Depends on the others in your team too. Some facs will have old people with really high ce who can carry you. Some will have relatively new people and your ce will matter more
Madgod [1733719]
You will want your natural nerve bar (NNB, your nerve bar without perks) to be at least 55-60 I'd imagine.

It takes a while for that to happen
Fatbears [2197270]
This is only valid if they stayed in Crimes 1.0 and 60nnb is a terrible metric because it takes 25k x 4 CE in 2.0 to make a team have any reasonable chance. 60nnb was only 15k so you needed another 60% CE on top of triggering 60nnb.

If you're Crimes 2.0 you have 60nnb at ~7.5k CE 55nnb at less. Not including the variance for the new NNB triggers. 65nnb minimum, better off at 70 depending on the strength of the rest of the team.
1SOLIDKEEPER [2894651]
Il put this out here for the original poster
390 days old account
Initially played torn and used to spam crimes for big box chocolate in crimes 1.0 with lot fails
Play style was never about one day getting into a PA team
Recently joined jfk 2.1 faction
Got added to a pa team and my first one was a success
My total crimes completed is way less than most players on this thread are saying is required to fit into a pa team or allow it to run successfully.

Yes any decent faction would put a lower nerve bar or crime ce newer player amongst faction carries- I doubt any faction with a competent leader or person in charge of faction organized crimes would throw together a pa team of 4 complete noobs hoping it would not fail so that's the only caveat I can think needs to be factored into the equation
  1. Laying hidden upon a rooftop, 1solidkeeper sets up their sniper rifle. This contract has a hefty reward.
  2. On the streets below, -EXECUTIONER- and Accumulated wait with their engines running.
  3. The Senator approaches with his motorcade. Lonestar radios in the team to prepare.
  4. -EXECUTIONER- drives a truck across in front of the convoy. The Senator's car tries to backtrack but Accumulated quickly blocks its escape.
  5. With a stationary target 1solidkeeper steadies the rifle, and lines the crosshair up with the Senator's head.
  6. BANG! One shot is fired, the bullet pierces the front window and enters the Senator's head. His body slumps lifelessly.
  7. The team quickly evacuates during the mass confusion. A payment of $250,000,000 from a mysterious source is later finalized.
+ $250,000,000 made
+ 295 respect has been earned

Participants: Accumulated, -EXECUTIONER-, Lonestar, and 1solidkeeper

Mentions: -EXECUTIONER- [163981] · 1SOLIDKEEPER [2894651] · ACCUMULATED [1653406] · Lonestar [1151936]

cestlatimmy [2107631]
Looking at the three other members, I'd guess that would be a (very) hard carry on their part. 65-70 NNB (C2.0) is the reasonable level for most people to be included as a fourth member of a PA, depending on the strength of the other members