So I just now can afford to train hard and do big happy jumps. Problem is this pesky lil demon of addiction on my shoulders. I know rehab is important (already got my high ass kicked from class) but the price increases each time makes me nervous. Is there like a guide to the price incese that a simply dope head like me can understand? Try to avoid carrying large amounts of money on me as I'm prime mugging target as I pass out in alleyways all the time(You know druggie and shit). Anywho the help as always is appreciated..
You're friendly neighbor,
Junkie
For your very first rehab trips, just take 300k (250k for one rehab, 50k in case you get mugged before you rehab and to buy plushies/flowers while there)
The rehab itself doesn't get more expensive, it just (very slowly) reduces how much addiction that a rehab removes.
Edit: Information post you may find helpful.
clicky
Mentions:
A guide to rehab decay and addiction. 2021 update!
Thank you
being in a good faction will help too, you will get more addiction reduction - and be able to take more drugs - because of it
As long as you never waste a rehab, your progression should be fine. What I mean by wasting a rehab is doing rehabs that will not be fully utilized. Let's say that a player currently gets rid of 50 addiction per rehab. He has 101 points and rehabs 3 times. He fully utilized the first two, but the third one wasted 98% of it's potential, by getting rid of 1 point when it could get rid of 50.
Edit: also, join a faction with -50% addiction and if possible -30% OD.
ya I agree THE MOST IMPORTANT thing you need to do as druggy to keep your cost down is leave that sht faction of yours and join any with -50% drug addiction...
If you want to be successful in Torn, you should use drugs.
Yes, longterm, the cost to use drugs goes up due to rehab. But your income should go up longterm, also. I'm at the max rehab cost, and I still use drugs as often as I can. It's worth it, and for me, it's easily affordable.
Looking at your stats, it's not the cost that's the problem, it's the frequency. You're rehabbing way too much, and that happens when you have limited faction perks.
I'm at 950 xan/1400 total drugs and my bill is around 1 mil a week, so you've got plenty of time before future Skittlez has to worry about cash.
Your leader has been pretty much flatlined for the last 4 months, as Chup says, dump his arse and get a faction upgrade, you'll see a massive improvement in the amount of drugs you can take :)
Every post here has correct information. I would like to add the fact you have merits for addiction reduction,with 10/10 merits there you need to rehab less often.Big rehab money ususally add up after VERY long time so missing few things in the beggining doesn't matter much,as long as you learn how it all works. Also try to rehab at ~90% and not at full,since last rehab purchase will stack up future rehabs,but will reduce your adiction points less (that matters when you need to spend ~1m on rehab,and you can rather go for 750k for example)
The merits just reduce the side effects of addiction like -5% battlestats would be -4% at max merits, not addiction points itself for whenever drug taken unlike faction perks so it's not worth 55 merits at all imo
The best decision I ever made was find a faction with full drug Toleration perks.
The difference is INSANE, I had been crippling my gameplay for a long time. It
NATURAL ADDICTION DECAY AT 3:30 am tct.
Not sure if it was said, lots of text.... but always try to leave some addiction to be eaten by natural decay, to maximise the time ya get before it gets very high cost. As for amount to leave... not sure, but you never want to cross it with no addiction, that'd waste it!
If you worry about the cost of rehab, you won't make it anywhere in torn.
Best practice is to take 2-3 xanax a day (as many as possible).
On rehab, good practice is to keep rehab money in faction vault (if your faction has active bankers) in case you forget, the rehab price increase is very subtle, you won't even notice it unless you compare rehab costs multiple months apart, once you start rehabbing regularly, you will be able to tell how much you need to carry without even thinking about it, based on how many days without rehab you went and how active you were.
Generally, you'll be fine with carrying 300k for rehab and plushies, some months later you'll need either more frequent rehab or carry 550k etc.
Again, rely faction bankers or friends to send/lend you the pocket change for additional rehab or in case you forget your wallet when flying for rehab (happens to all of us, all the time)
Just for illustration, after 1300 xanax, my rehab cost is somewhere between three and four times the base (or more precisely, I need to rehab 3-4 times as many times when visiting the clinic) so it really is a slow increase.
Oh I just read that merit again,you are correct....I have to remove that in next merit reset