Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is this possible

Started by NikolaTesla [1631174] on in Technology.

3 replies · 39 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
7 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
NikolaTesla [1631174]
I know someone who is convinced that someone is sending disappearing messages to them on WhatsApp.

The trouble is that WhatsApp settings provides 3 time periods for messages to disappear (24 hours, 7 days and 90 days) but this person claims messages are disappearing after just seconds or maybe a minute or 2 after they have been read.

Is WhatsApp code robust enough to prevent a hacker to be able to mess with those settings?

I know anything is possible but I would imagine that this kind of hack would require pretty high coding skills.

Any thoughts?

NT
NikolaTesla [1631174]
Thanks for suggesting this.

But, while this is true, it does leave a note on both ends of the message (I.e. in both the sender and recipient chat thread) that says 'this message was deleted'. The sender cannot delete this note from the recipient chat thread.

So, because this left-over note is absent in the circumstances I am investigating I concluded so I think something else is going on.

Thanks again for your idea.

NT