Jail serves absolutely no purpose other than, "You got arrested because you committed a crime". Mechanically it is a worse, purposeless version of the hospital, that gives us busting merits and that is all. It doesn't add anything truly positive outside of busting, which only exists as a pseudo-revive mechanic, which would be absent in lieu of being hospitalized when you are caught in a critical failure anyways.
Jail is Useless
Started by DecoyTheHoloBoy [2154505] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 80 / 80 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 80
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 54 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 63 / 100
- Engagement score
- 78 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- nex [2054500]
· 60 likes ·
[image: external-content.duckduckgo.com] - Private_Joker [2488283]
· 31 likes ·
Hospital serves absolutely no purpose other than, "You got into hospital because you got killed by someone". Mechanically it is a worse, purposeless version of itself, that gives us reviving merits and that is all. It doesn't add anything truly … - SPOONphed [2396329]
· 28 likes ·
I don't think jail is completely useless, as it does serve a time-gate mechanic. I was once in jail for around 3 minutes before getting busted... if we wanna talk about something truly useless, let's talk about the jail gym..
Said every criminal ever.... The purpose of Jail is to time you out for your misbehavior. Ill places or not, same purpose.
I quite like it, I just wish that there was more stick when you get caught, harder to bust, longer sentences or whatever, to make it a big deterrent. I rarely get jailed anyway. Appreciate this has to be balanced with people keeping interest in the game though.
carry a get out of jail free card,it works none of the time but u can try...
I don't think jail is completely useless, as it does serve a time-gate mechanic.
I was once in jail for around 3 minutes before getting busted... if we wanna talk about something truly useless, let's talk about the jail gym..
I was once in jail for around 3 minutes before getting busted... if we wanna talk about something truly useless, let's talk about the jail gym..
In short, I believe that jail needs another mechanic or more. Specific items acquired only in jail, longer more punishing sentences, etc. I wish jail was an actual mechanic with substance. There are many ideas/changes that could be made to flesh out jail, they just haven't (yet)
You said "busting" twice, so I joined in and busted...
I need new pants now.
I need new pants now.
Hospital serves absolutely no purpose other than, "You got into hospital because you got killed by someone". Mechanically it is a worse, purposeless version of itself, that gives us reviving merits and that is all. It doesn't add anything truly positive outside of reviving.
The entire hit system relies on the hospital ya maroon. Revivers exist because of the hospital, ED, the entire flow of RWs etc
Sir, this is a Wendy's
Busting actually gives great CE.
Thank you for mentioning this as I had forgotten this. The most redeemable part of jail
Even long term players are retards with retard posts in the forums.
jail would be mechanically more fun if the last few released crimes wouldn't be so safe and the jail empty because of this fact
things will get better
things will get better
How do you suggest jail be improved, because you must be looking in the mirror if you think it's perfectly fine as is and needs no changes ever
You’ve clearly never been arrested and landed in jail for over a day. Or arrested, busted and then hosped during a war. Going to jail clears that reward so that can’t happen to you.
You shut your whore mouth
Hospital serves absolutely no purpose other than, "You got Hurt. because you committed [add Reason here"]". Mechanically it is a worse, purposeless version of the jail,