Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

no blue star?

Started by Hooded_Prince [446561] on in Bugs & Issues.

10 replies · 4.15k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
77
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hemicopter [2780600]
Donator and Subscriber are not the same. You have a yellow star because you have donator days, a blue star would indicate that you have a subscription running, paid either every month or year.
RockerYou [2227545]
Got the same issue. Iam a monthly paying subscriber and when I check the subscription status it's still active. Checked my credit card and no issues there. But still got the yellow star.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, there was a brief outage on PayPal's IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system on May 3rd. Coincidentally, this outage occurred precisely when subscriptions were due for renewal for those expecting a renewal on the 3rd of the month.

Although PayPal processed the funds, it failed to generate any IPN notifications. Consequently, our system was not informed about the payments, and thus couldn't automatically credit the goods.

Typically, in the event of such issues, I can resend the IPN. However, since this was a fault on PayPal's end, the IPN doesn't exist, and thus I am unable to resend it.

As a result, I must cancel and refund the payments made on May 3rd. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused, and affected individuals will need to set up their subscriptions anew if they wish for them to renew.

Unfortunately, I am unable to identify who is specifically affected due to the nature of this issue. I can only resolve this upon being contacted, as the problem randomly affected a number of accounts. I estimate that this issue impacted anywhere from a few dozen to a couple of hundred players.

If you have been affected, please contact me as soon as possible either in-game or via email at payments@torn.com so that I can assist you in resolving the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.
ImPrettySelfish [3053227]
Yeah I needed to buy a donator pack, but I pulled out money and got mugged. Funny how that always happens whenever I decide to have over 10m in my wallet. It’s almost like they know… anyways, I’ll get donator status again soon, I needed to change my debit card over anyways. thanks for noticing this bogie.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Subscribing doesn't give a donator pack item, you do however get the two special items at the start of each month, as well as the 900 points all in one go.
Details can be seen here:
https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Donator

I will lock this thread to avoid people posting here instead of messaging me and accidentally getting missed.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I am going to raise this up for visibility sake, for the few who still have not contacted me. You will not have received your June 1st perks, so as a result this issue may suddenly come to light for the last remaining few who haven't seen there was an issue. 

 

If that was the case then please contact me via payments@torn.com and I can make sure you receive what you are owed by Monday. Thank you.