Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Banking vs Stocks

Started by Fucker [3250340] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 547 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Fucker [3250340]
Hi tornies,

I was reading some guides on making money(mostly about banking and stocks) and can't really decide which is the better option.

I looked at the high/lows of stocks over the last months and some of them look like you could get more from stocks than banking.

There's also the 1/2 week coumpund bank investment but for some reason that seems to give less than stocks(in my maths at least)..

Not very creative myself so I'd like to have some of your thoughts or strategies on this.
Gul_le_Necro [2852040]
Bank is always the better with 10 merit in interests, as a passive income.

If you are speaking of buying stock low and sell it high, yes it can be a solution, but it s risky if it goes down lol
flare [2195157] Officer Officer
Bank with 10/10 merits is currently better than any stock bb. If your looking for a passive money earning strategy bank would be the first thing to max.

[image: i.imgur.com]

If you want a more active money making method, trading stocks throughout the day can earn you more money, but this requires some skill and knowhow. Stock trading was also nerfed a while back so crazy return in a short period are hard to get.
Syncopate [2562293] Wiki Contributor
OP, longer bank investment periods are unlocked as you finish the previous period. So, after investing in the 1-week period, then 2-week period, and so forth, you'll get better returns by the 2-months and 3-months periods, with 10/10 merits in investment of course, and TCI block if possible.
BurstBoy [3173749]
Too much active work to bet on stock high/lows, buy up all the valuable blocks first.

When you have extra money with nowhere to go then you can bet them on a few stocks where you only sell if the current price is higher than your entry price - but at that point you need a lot of liquid cash to afford the patience to wait

Torn Tools shows your profit but I'm not sure if it tracks historical or only current state
[image: cdn.discordapp.com]
FlamingCacti [2605077]
Although banking has better ROI (return on investment), especially with merits, I don't use the bank because it ties up my money for weeks. When I need cash, I want to be able to withdraw right away. So I buy stocks instead because I can keep my money safe, make a small profit, but most importantly I can sell the stocks whenever I need to. When I need cash, I can't wait.
Caisa [2879996]
In my opinion, stocks can't be beat for ready access to money needed now; while by banking the money not needed any time soon one makes the most (easy) money with it.

This model is pretty good until you fill up your bank, I think.
Wolverine [1971836]

I need help to calculate Torn City Investments stock benefit ROI.

 

I usually see Torn Stats that calculates the ROI, but it shows 0% next to TCI stock.