Is there any way of permanently disabling chat on a player by player basis. I'm sick of it ruining my game it keeps opening despite closing it many times, it keeps reopening on its own.
Chat,
Started by BossHogg [1986248] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 55 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 41 / 100
Is there any way of permanently disabling chat on a player by player basis.
Not without external tools/scripts, I am afraid.
it keeps opening despite closing it many times, it keeps reopening on its own.
This would be because an old cached copy of the chats is being requested. Are you using multiple devices for Torn? You can try clearing the browser cache on your primary device/browser and see if it rectifies the issue.
All devices have had their caches cleared and signed out of all. I've also cleared the cache on the site. Even though I've closed this chat box, it reopens on its own.
The chat is in a minimized state, it is not closed per the data, and it is being shown correctly on the screen. Are you referring to the chat box opening up fully or just being out of the Chats tab in a minimized state?
I've had to minimise it to stop it reopening. If I close it completely it reopens on its own.
Can you please provide a screen recording of this?
I'll try and get one for you.
All of my chat boxes have now disappeared, so whatever you've done, it's done the trick. Many thanks. ;-)
I get this problem frequently as well. And had some major issues with "connecting to server" stuff during the last RW I was in... basically during RWs, chat is 75% broken... if I get it to work I count myself lucky.
Opening and closing tabs seems to cause the problem... shame, cause that's the way the game is played.
I was able to save a 100 chain and land it on the enemy without any communication with my faction because the chat was so bad. Used to be ways of making it work again a month or two ago, but now it's just basically shit once a war starts and I have to open and close tabs.