Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Help with python scripting

Started by Baap [3166384] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 131 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
Baap [3166384]

Hello, I want to make some scripts to help with some actions like trading. I plan on using python with torn api to alert me when someone initiates a trade and calculate trade amount when I'm offline. My question is how do i keep my script always running? I cannot keep my PC running at all times and I cannot afford to pay for cloud servers. I appreciate all your help and suggestions. Thanks!

Kwack [2190604]

To keep it running you need it running on something. Whether that's a server/vps, some hosting service or on your computer. 

 

 

_____ [2101367]

I recommend writing it in a Google Sheets App Script instead. The free tier is generous there, you can set a scheduled function to run every X minutes, don't have to worry about hosting/cloud. It's a great place to start, if you don't already have a server you can use.

Kwack [2190604]

Yes you can write it in GAS but keep in mind that's javascript rather than python.

 

Places very rarely offer completely free hosting options due to the battle with miners. You can get pretty average VPSes for very cheap if you look in the right place.