Anyone still bother with play by email (PBEM) gaming, or know any decent games that still support it?
I spent a good amount of time playing Civilization IV via email maybe around 2008ish, before moving on to Age of Wonders/Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. The latter was excellent, had better (automatic) email support, and I fell in with a lovely group from Germany who regularly ran large games that would take the best part of a year to complete. We all moved on to Age of Wonders III, but the PBEM there is tied to the servers.
There's been precious little to support the format since, which is a shame because it fits in well with me in that I can't always sit for hours playing a game. I did pick up Frozen Synapse which supported Steams equivalent of PBEM and enjoyed that, but haven't really found anything since. Not against also picking up some older games if there are players still active via PBEM.