How do I gain the merit for 100% notoriety in all shops? Even when my notoriety has reached all the bars, I still didn't get the honour.
Shoplifting
Started by Scorpius08 [2144806] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 10
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 31 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
You can go over the red bars to check if they are actually at 100%. Most of the time, once you got the last bar to 100, a few of them already lost 1%, so you would need to re-do this shop
And would I land up in jail while doing that? Asking so that I can keep lawyer business card in handy
Yeah to get this merit you'll need to do some prep: Have a handful of lawyers cards, stack some nerve, stockpile some alcohol, stack some nerve past cap using alcohol. If you have a red egg it's not the worst thing to use it on either.
I'd also suggest attempting it a few minutes before reset 00:00 TCT so that you can do a nerve refill before and after reset if you have too.
Nothing worse than going for this one and not quite having enough, so make sure you have plenty of nerve available. It depends on your skill level, I did with shoplifting skill 5~ and it took me 250-300 nerve. I've seen it take friends who did it at 100 as much as 500+ nerve though.
Probably a few of it has already dropped below 100%? Actually the best time to get this honor is when your CS is as low as possible. Once you reach a high CS, you'll need to burn more nerves to achieve it.
If your crime experience isn't great, I would personally leave this one until you've got past 90 on shoplifting. If you work at an Amusement Park like me or in a pub then you can get nerve with job points. Gel free to contact me if you need a job to help with it ;-)
Definitely not, do it as early as possible. I'm at 100CS and it's borderline impossible to do.
I've tried multiple times, including using the last newsletter on nerve 🤮. Do it ASAP
All of the bars have to be at 100% for the merit to trigger.
This merit is super easy if you do it right away. Getting jailed won't affect it. But also getting jailed massively increased your notoriety, so you actually kind of want that to happen. Get busted out, and start hammering away.
At your level, I doubt you have a very large nerve bar, so start stocking up on the large alcohol bottles and avoid doing shoplifting at all until you have a decent supply. Again, this is vastly easier if you have low crime skill in that crime.
First, dump the crime enhancer for that crime (display case, bazaar, send to a friend, stick it in a trade with an inactive, whatever.) Wait until Newday (00:00 TCT) and drop a full nerve bar, then do a nerve refill with points, keep hammering away at the crimes, then switch to bottles and keep smacking that crime until all bars are at 100%.
If you fail, skip the crime completely until your nerve bar gets a little higher.