Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What happened in Jan 2023

Started by Danpo1989 [3236116] on in General Discussion.

7 replies · 416 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Danpo1989 [3236116]

As we know the reason for the points drop right now to as low as 36.5k is due to them not being sold back in to the system and may keep dropping until new idea's are implemented for points use. 

 

From looking at the price since points was installed I noticed the lowest they've ever been was January 2023 at 33.9k could anyone explain why they dropped so low back then, I've only been around here for like 3 months so unsure. 

 

Another thing, will they go back up in price and what will they be good for other then the replenishing of things already in the building. 

 

All I want is these plushies to stop falling in price that's a biggie for me as I travel a lot and as a new player feel it will bd having a big impact on my funds. 

 

 

Triarius22 [2763264]

 

Really low prices are often a typo, someone trying to manipulate the market or a younger sibling messing with stuff.   That sort of thing.

 

Looks like Torn is serious about reducing cash inputs and is specifically targeting the cash flow of newer players to do that.  I'm glad I at least got my bank maxed and some starter stock blocks purchased before newer player income was nerfed.  

TremereRegent [3113104]

Like all economists, Lt_Wolf is obsessed with creating End Stage Capitalism. 

 

‘The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead'

 - John Maynard Keynes

Matchlock [2227514]

I wouldn't be surprised if the price ultimately hovered around (price of xanax) / (number of points per refill), very roughly 840k / 25 = 33.6k.

DedeSiregar [2430598]

No, it will never go up again unless there is extreme change in how to spend points. It will continue to go down. 

That goes for xanax and other temps we buy abroad too. This is basic logic for econ.