I've reached a pivotal juncture where I must make a decision—to engage or to abstain. Normally, I refrain from sharing personal matters with the Torn community, but I'll make an exception this time to clarify why I'm ceasing active participation in Torn. There are two primary reasons.
First Reason is:
My career in Child Welfare, coupled with my recent enrollment in a Bachelor's program, demands my full attention. Balancing a full-time job with a full-time study schedule and caring for my two children leaves no room for active Torn gameplay. My approach to gaming is wholehearted; I enjoy challenging myself and achieving goals independently, as evidenced by my accomplishments in Torn, such as building my net worth (once ranked 13th richest) and enhancing my stats (ranking in the top 32 strongest). While faction building has been a collective effort, my personal endeavors require my undivided focus now.
Timing is crucial, and unfortunately, it's beyond my control this time.
I have already transitioned into a faction called Delightful Assholes after aiding UberBeats in their war efforts. From here on out, I'll proceed at my own pace until I gradually phase out my activity. If you spot me online in the future, it'll likely be to assist with a war task before I retreat into inactivity again.
Delightful Assholes will inherit most of my possessions—any inquiries regarding my net worth, weapons, gear, and Trinity should be directed to them. After joining Delightful assholes, I'll operate independently. Don't be surprised if you witness me undertaking unconventional activities like raids; I'll open up Delightful Assholes to the public, inviting anyone with grievances against the faction I'm raiding to participate. This will mark my final endeavors until I cease logging in altogether. Let's see how long the thrill of Rogue Raiding keeps me entertained.
Second Reason is:
My disillusionment with Chedburn's management of Torn, particularly his decision-making and updates, contributes to my departure. Here are a few grievances:
- Territories and Territory Warring: - Despite initial optimism, the flaws in this update became apparent. The abuse of wall farm chaining to farm respect without actual warring is absurd. The current Territory warring system is flawed, catering more to those with ample time to dedicate to gaming rather than those with real-life commitments.
- Rackets: - This update seems tailored to benefit the top players disproportionately, leading to the formation of mega alliances and hindering the growth of independent factions.
- Ranked Warring: Chedburn's delayed response to player suggestions and his dictatorial approach to game development undermine the player community's input and diminish the game's potential.
- Suggestions: My attempts to suggest improvements have been met with nonsensical replies from Chedburn. The disparity between his actions and player suggestions highlights a fundamental flaw in his leadership.
- Cheating: Chedburn's leniency towards cheaters undermines the integrity of the game, allowing unfair advantages to persist without adequate repercussions.
Vernunzio[730674] has gained notoriety for resorting to cheating to boost both his SE usage and net worth. He was actively involved in exploiting the Blackjack and PRN stock systems alongside PT members. Additionally, he participated in the bookie exploit scandal, further tarnishing his reputation within the community.
In conclusion, Torn will never realize its full potential under Chedburn's stewardship. The game's current trajectory favors pay-to-win or cheating, making it inaccessible to active, honest players seeking genuine progression.
Chaos awaits, and I will fade into obscurity one day.
Edit: Typos corrected.
Mentions: Vernunzio [730674]